Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Buy overpriced lowers or wait and hope?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Absolutely true. I got lucky with a serviceable Anderson lower, but I am not foolish enough to think they are as good as my Sionics, Nodak Spud, LMT, or Sabre Defense lowers. Anderson will (used to at least) take care of you under warranty, but will you have to pay to transfer the replacement lower? You certainly will be out your time and frustration.

I will (and have) purchased a stripped PSA lower before another Anderson. I believe PSA is "better". But I purchased my PSA lower at a LGS (at a good price) where I could inspect it. I rejected 2 PSA lowers before I bought one for a dedicated 22 build.

There is a place for cheap parts IMHO, but I would struggle with buying an Aero part for close to the same price as better suppliers (Sionics, SOLGW, etc).

Andy
    Unless anything has changed, if you send in a lower/firearm in to a company for service and they replace it, they just mail it to you without FFL nonsense. Had an out of spec Noveske lower, sent it in, replacement at my door within a few days, but that was back in 2012/13.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    2 (sequential) out of spec andersons back in 2016 pre-election run, replaced under warranty and sent back to me. Out of spec for the bolt catch machining, I dont recall exactly the issue, other than it would absolutely not allow enough movement with a empty mag to catch the bolt to hold open, and would not drop any mags. 20 or 30 rd pmag or standard mags.

Feedback Score
    Haven't bought a stripped lower for almost a year. Started googling yesterday and was surprised that it was tough to find any deals. A lot of companies seem to be out of stock. However, Aeroprecision has blemished lowers on sale for $71. Also has cheap parts kit in stock. I've built up a number of lowers using blemished Aeroprecision or Spike's Tactical lowers and have never had any problems. And honestly, the "blemished" lowers have always been in very good shape, maybe a slight discoloration. So, if you're trying to save money I think this is the way to go, rather than buying a receiver from a lower tier company and risking that it's out of spec. Plus, if you ever do to sell your gun, I suspect a knowledgeable buyer would rather have an Aeroprecision or Spike's Tactical receiver as opposed to an Anderson lower.

Feedback Score
    Buy what you can now. They are expensive and hard to find now, but they might be impossible to find next year. Two years from now, it won't matter what you paid for them today anyway, but you will have them.
    Last edited by GHMann; 08-10-20 at 05:46.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    2 (sequential) out of spec andersons back in 2016 pre-election run, replaced under warranty and sent back to me. Out of spec for the bolt catch machining, I dont recall exactly the issue, other than it would absolutely not allow enough movement with a empty mag to catch the bolt to hold open, and would not drop any mags. 20 or 30 rd pmag or standard mags.
    I had this exact same problem with an Anderson from the same era. It was irritating as hell trying to figure out what the problem was initially.....Once I figured it out I took the bolt catch to my belt grinder and slimmed it down, hit it with cold blue and it worked fine. Traded that POS off and have never bought another.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Hard to believe but a buddy from work called me last week and he bought 2 Anderson stripped lowers last week @ a Gander Outdoors & they were $39 bucks each ! I guess that shows stuff is still flowing through the pipeline but ya better be in the right place @ the right time. I had no use for one and the place is 25 miles from me so I wasn't gonna go run up there like a mad man, LOL I keep toying with the ideal of the BCM stripped but just haven't done it ! With all this talk and with this tread going on for a couple weeks has "ANYONE" in here bought a BCM lower & not told anyone, LOL I don't typically do that kind of stuff but ya mite be able to double your $$$$ around mid October, people are getting silly that's for sure ! Come on guys, fess up, anyone.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Hard to believe but a buddy from work called me last week and he bought 2 Anderson stripped lowers last week @ a Gander Outdoors & they were $39 bucks each ! I guess that shows stuff is still flowing through the pipeline but ya better be in the right place @ the right time. I had no use for one and the place is 25 miles from me so I wasn't gonna go run up there like a mad man, LOL I keep toying with the ideal of the BCM stripped but just haven't done it ! With all this talk and with this tread going on for a couple weeks has "ANYONE" in here bought a BCM lower & not told anyone, LOL I don't typically do that kind of stuff but ya mite be able to double your $$$$ around mid October, people are getting silly that's for sure ! Come on guys, fess up, anyone.
    Ive bought two stripped lowers from BC, and both are on wicked good SBR's. Buy with confidence. Oh, and mine were "blems"

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I'd get em. Prices are not coming down for the foreseeable future. What's a $100 over the grand scheme of things? Just don't eat out once a week for a few weeks and you're back in the black.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Ive bought two stripped lowers from BC, and both are on wicked good SBR's. Buy with confidence. Oh, and mine were "blems"

PB
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    I'd get em. Prices are not coming down for the foreseeable future. What's a $100 over the grand scheme of things? Just don't eat out once a week for a few weeks and you're back in the black.
    LOL, yea the longer it goes the more I think about it and the more I say oh what the hell,,just get one ! Hey with the new EO from Trump I can buy 2 a month with the extra $$$ till there out of stock,,,,LOL !! I think about it but I just got 2 SOLGW lowers last month, I have all the LPKs and other items to go with them I just haven't got around to putting them together! A nice BCM stripped Lower would bring my count up to 4 quality lowers so there is something to be said about "even" numbers. Oh boy life is hard isn't it guys !
    Now Pappabear the 2 Blems you bought were they less than the asking price of the current Stripped lowers or about on par with this new batch. Guess that really doesn't make that much difference but just wondering. Anyways I'll keep thinking about it that's for sure !

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    If you want them, get them. If you need them, definitely get them.

Quote Originally Posted by jrcii View Post
    Hello all,

I want to add a couple of lowers to the safe before the election. I'm partial to Aero, particularly the M4E1's. I've found ONE place that has them in stock, but they want $134 for black and $145 for FDE. That's pretty pricey. But, as time goes along I imagine that everyone will be raising their prices.

So, if you were me, would you wait and hope that places that currently have them listed for $90 to $100 (but sold out) get them in and don't raise their prices, or just pull the trigger now? I've got a bad case of analysis paralysis.

Thanks,

JRC

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast