Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy overpriced lowers or wait and hope?

Feedback Score
    A number of years ago (maybe 10 or 12), I bought a few Aero lowers for $200 each. I couldn't find any other parts except for these lowers. And then few years ago I was buying their lowers for $55 each. I guess I paid what I had to at the time.
    DK

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for the advice.

I already have 3 AR-15 lowers and 1 AR-10 in the safe. But, what prompted this is that every betting market that I checked has the Dems taking the Presidency, the House, and the Senate as an odds on favorite. If that happens, they will get rid of the filibuster, and everything will be banned.

I have a couple of builds that I want to do, but I'm also thinking about what standard capacity Glock magazines cost during the last ban.

JRC

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Look at it this way. A $150 lower is 3x the cost of a $50 lower...but it only increases your total build cost by $100. This is why I've always questioned people buying PSA and Anderson lowers over something like a LMT Defender.

Feedback Score
    Aero M4E1 blems are in stock on their website for $78 right now, standard for $71. Good luck.
    Last edited by IKnowNotEverything; 07-27-20 at 15:06. Reason: Sold OUT. This panic is rough. I think if you need a lower just grab whatever you can that should be in spec.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    October is the best lower buying month. Just wait.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Look at it this way. A $150 lower is 3x the cost of a $50 lower...but it only increases your total build cost by $100. This is why I've always questioned people buying PSA and Anderson lowers over something like a LMT Defender.
    Because gun guys are cheap, best friend.

We’ve always known this. They’re legit Misers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Hash Tag Holosun!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Not only is the particular lower you want in stock during a panic, but it's only $134 - $145? And you're indecisive?

You already missed sub $100, you have no right to complain now. I would buy anything I want or need as soon as I can find it provided I am not putting my family into debt.

If you're troubled over an extra $40 now, I can't wait for your next thread in October.
    Pretty funny and oh so true. +1

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcii View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advice.

I already have 3 AR-15 lowers and 1 AR-10 in the safe. But, what prompted this is that every betting market that I checked has the Dems taking the Presidency, the House, and the Senate as an odds on favorite. If that happens, they will get rid of the filibuster, and everything will be banned.

I have a couple of builds that I want to do, but I'm also thinking about what standard capacity Glock magazines cost during the last ban.

JRC
    If they get elected it will be illegal to own one any fkn way. If they get their way.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Yes they are. My favorite are the poors who spend hundreds if not thousands on cigarettes, lotto tickets, and tattoos every year and talk about how they can't afford a decent optic. I don't know there Iron Lung, seems like you can afford a decent optic but that full sleeve with Waylon Jennings face in the middle was more important.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast