Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy overpriced lowers or wait and hope?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I’d echo the above but I’d do one full kitted rifle, then a second full kitted rifle. Optic and everything, before buying spare parts and lowers.

Why?

Look at the shootings that have happened with the riots. The guns used are immediately taken into evidence. So if you think there’s a reasonable chance you’ll use your rifle for real you need an immediate ready to go backup fo when you’re released from interrogation.

That pile of bolts and stripped lowers won’t do you much good that first night home.
    Which is one of the reasons I've never believed in the one gun concept. I take it a step further though. I think ideally you should have three fully kitted up carbines. One for serious use like home defense, one for training, and one backup that can be pushed into either role if one of the others is taken out of commission or held for evidence. A fourth option would be something compact with a Law Tactical folder that could be discreetly carried in a backpack....but a folding shorty could certainly pull double duty as a house gun and a travel backpack gun.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well I lost my mind and bought a couple of Ti-rant suppressors today. $399 out the door each. But while I was there they had Areo complete lowers with a very nice brace for $350. I might keep it in case I want to go out of state with a shorty upper. I have no pistol brace AR15 lowers.

So there are some good deals out there popping up here and there.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Well I lost my mind and bought a couple of Ti-rant suppressors today. $399 out the door each. But while I was there they had Areo complete lowers with a very nice brace for $350. I might keep it in case I want to go out of state with a shorty upper. I have no pistol brace AR15 lowers.

So there are some good deals out there popping up here and there.

PB
    Any suppressors left?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    One left, go get it. That is cost.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    One left, go get it. That is cost.

PB
    Can you send me the dealer? I just got an sr30 lower, have to convince the wife a suppressor is a good idea too.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Can you send me the dealer? I just got an sr30 lower, have to convince the wife a suppressor is a good idea too.
    PM sent

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcii View Post
    Hello all,

I want to add a couple of lowers to the safe before the election. I'm partial to Aero, particularly the M4E1's. I've found ONE place that has them in stock, but they want $134 for black and $145 for FDE. That's pretty pricey. But, as time goes along I imagine that everyone will be raising their prices.

So, if you were me, would you wait and hope that places that currently have them listed for $90 to $100 (but sold out) get them in and don't raise their prices, or just pull the trigger now? I've got a bad case of analysis paralysis.

Thanks,

JRC
    You can buy stripped lowers at PSA right now for $79 each, all you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by judgecrater View Post
    You can buy stripped lowers at PSA right now for $79 each, all you want.
    Gave about 50 for the last one I bought from them. $80.00 is high in my opinion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Gave about 50 for the last one I bought from them. $80.00 is high in my opinion
    You could revisit it in 3 months and see what they cost.

Feedback Score
    Buy it now you never know whats is going to happen tomorrow. Its good to have spares around and if you die then your kids or friends will say what was he doing with all this stuff. Its better to have it and not need it then to need it and can't get it. I had a complete rifle lower in the vault that I decided to use and then went out and bought anoter lower and parts to replace the one I used.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast