Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to Form 1?

Feedback Score

Need to Form 1?

If I've got a 10.5" pistol with brace, can I replace the brace and buffer extension with another and a 6 position stock if I permanently attach the 6" suppressor to it? And add a vertical grip?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No, you would come up short about 1/2" short...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    Just adding to that, the can will overlap the muzzle threads. So when you do the math, it ends up being a little short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    Maybe not. I marked the cleaning rod at 16" with tape. Inserted to the bolt face. Technically, maybe 1/8" short depending on where the end of rifle/suppressor is. There's that word again - "is"! I remeasured the suppressor - shows to be 6.125+ a few microns. Could I add a crush washer or some other?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    Maybe not. I marked the cleaning rod at 16" with tape. Inserted to the bolt face. Technically, maybe 1/8" short depending on where the end of rifle/suppressor is. There's that word again - "is"! I remeasured the suppressor - shows to be 6.125+ a few microns. Could I add a crush washer or some other?
    You could use some precision washers, but if that can is a taper mount, I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Your question sounds more legal than physical. The answer is yes as long as its 16”. Forgrrip too.

If I were doing a project like this, I’d have a barrel cut the the perfect length to match the can’s length and mount. Then have the gas port sized for suppressor only use. If using an adj gas block instead, find the most robust and easy to repair as you are married to it. The cost and hassle would be minimal compared to the long term commitment of a dedicated suppressed barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Your question sounds more legal than physical. The answer is yes as long as its 16”. Forgrrip too.

If I were doing a project like this, I’d have a barrel cut the the perfect length to match the can’s length and mount. Then have the gas port sized for suppressor only use. If using an adj gas block instead, find the most robust and easy to repair as you are married to it. The cost and hassle would be minimal compared to the long term commitment of a dedicated suppressed barrel.
    Sounds like an interesting thought. Would that make it pretty ammo limited? My son just finished a 6" 300BO with a big can and the only thing it will run is AE 220gr. No other 220gr will work and no lower weight stuff. Was amazingly quiet. He just recently purchased a buffer kit to try other ammo.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    OP, I thought in your other threads you already said you F1’d your Sig P516?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Seems to me it would be significantly less effort and potential headaches to just Form 1 the lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    OP, I thought in your other threads you already said you F1’d your Sig P516?
    Yes, I have but I'm thinking of letting the suppressor live full time on the pistol/rifle/gun with an adjustable stock full time also and was just wondering about consequences when carrying across state lines. If I can make it over 16", then always legal everywhere. I think? Personally, I would rather leave the suppressor screwed on to make it easier to take down, clean and transport in a small package. Just brainstorming. In order to do what I'm thinking of, I would feel better with it slightly over 16", so someone mentioned a "precision washer". the suppressor is not a taper fit. Just straight threads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast