Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purpose of holes in Daniel Defense Lite Rail?

Feedback Score
    To make it lighter but also for tie downs of equipment. For regular army if you have a light it’s tied off to the rail with 550. That way if the mount fails it’s dangling off your rail and not lost. Ranger regiment uses wire, I haven’t seen anyone in group tie stuff down.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How about for barrel cooling...and to lighten it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    They're speed holes, they make the rail go faster.
    Thanks, you just made spit beer all over my keyboard and monitor.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They are holes (usually 1/4" diameter) meant to be used with a backer nut to attach improvised accessories.

A KAC RAS has 1/4-20 threaded holes meant to attached the rail to a camera tripod.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    They are holes (usually 1/4" diameter) meant to be used with a backer nut to attach improvised accessories.

A KAC RAS has 1/4-20 threaded holes meant to attached the rail to a camera tripod.
    That's what I thought as the KAC holes look exactly like camera thread mounting spots.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey guys. Purpose of the holes in question here is simply for fixturing. They serve no functional purpose.

On our RIS II M4A1, there is a 1/4x20 threaded hole on the top rail at T36. This hole serves as a mounting location for aiming devices such as the Wilcox RAPTAR or any other device that can be attached with a 1/4x20 fastener with out the need for a M1913 clamp.

None of our other handguards have threaded holes for mounting accessories or aiming devices. Except for the GL/SSC and y'all know the story on that one!

S/F

Joe
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Prepper View Post
    weight and heat dissipation
    Huh? You appear to be simply racking up post counts for some reason. You just followed up DD's actual rep here with an incorrect guess.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Prepper View Post
    weight and heat dissipation
    This guy has been a member since 2015 yet all of his posts are from this morning and contribute nothing of substance to any of the topics he has posted on.

AZ Prepper, please just stop.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Huh? You appear to be simply racking up post counts for some reason. You just followed up DD's actual rep here with an incorrect guess.
    Almost enough posts to sell something?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Marler5811, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12