Thread: BCG and Buffer Compatibility for LMT MWS

Feedback Score

BCG and Buffer Compatibility for LMT MWS

Hey folks, putting together an MWS build with a MARS-H lower and an MLOK MWS upper with a 13.5” LW barrel. Two questions:

1. The LMT BCG is out of stock everywhere. I was going to use the JP Enterprises FMOS BCG with their high pressure bolt. Does anyone know if this will pose compatibility issues?

2. I love the JP Silent Captured Spring in my AR15 builds. Does anyone know if their AR10 version is compatible with the MWS? I imagine it’ll fit just fine, but didn’t know if it would pose any performance issues.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Regarding 2., be aware that if you use a matching LMT MWS (or the same Vltor A5) receiver extension, you will have to make some sort of modification to the JP product, per their description.
    I haven’t used, but I did look at it enough to know that.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    The LMT 308 extension requires an LMT/Armalite/KAC 308 carbine spring and a LMT/Armalite/KAC 308 carbine buffer (H4). These are NOT compatible with DPMS style 308 carbine springs and buffers, as there are dimensional differences that are not compatible. The JP captured spring kit will most likely need some sort of spacer to be used with in an LMT 308 receiver extension. Personally I would buy all LMT parts.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    The LMT 308 extension requires an LMT/Armalite/KAC 308 carbine spring and a LMT/Armalite/KAC 308 carbine buffer (H4). These are NOT compatible with DPMS style 308 carbine springs and buffers, as there are dimensional differences that are not compatible. The JP captured spring kit will most likely need some sort of spacer to be used with in an LMT 308 receiver extension. Personally I would buy all LMT parts.
    I haven’t pulled the spring out, but the LMT MWS uses an H3 carbine buffet.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I haven’t pulled the spring out, but the LMT MWS uses an H3 carbine buffet.
    Yes you are correct. I had a brain fart moment.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    No worries.
    I’ll own up to almost adding that the MWS uses a rifle spring (like the A5 system), when it apparently does not.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    No worries.
    I’ll own up to almost adding that the MWS uses a rifle spring (like the A5 system), when it apparently does not.
    I wonder if that is true, because I'm pretty sure the Armalites use the same action spring regardless of rifle or carbine receiver extension.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I counted the coils at least, looks like 39. Doesn’t mean it’s the same as a regular carbine spring.

The whole reason I got their MWS kit on my build is I figured they had done all the hard work/research for me, why try to reinvent the wheel.