Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Austin

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    My guess is we'll see a few more days like this but next weekend could be a zinger...kudos to all LE involved & maybe Austin will set the example albeit a uber liberal town.
    Austin may be an ultra-lib town these days, but we are still dealing with Texas. I'd tend to think out of towners, especially those from out of State, might get a rude wake up call.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Rumor mill reporting austin mayor told APD to stand down knowing they were coming in & chief went over adler's inflated head...bussed in troopers who are not restricted like the local LE on use of cf gas / traditional force & restraint methods. I'm just assuming abbott is watching closely.

My guess is we'll see a few more days like this but next weekend could be a zinger...kudos to all LE involved & maybe Austin will set the example albeit a uber liberal town.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-po...ldings-reports
    Friday and Saturday the word went out that multiple BLM buses were headed to Austin.
    People from Dallas to San Antonio were in convoy to Austin to counter protest. Multiple Facebook posts of course, a couple of calls. They were organizing so that wouldn't happen in Austin.
    When we wake up this morning we need to be well aware that had the Chief not made that call, we might have had a bloody Saturday Night in Austin. Art Acevedo wouldn't have had the guts to buck the Mayor, but he would be blaming guns for what went wrong.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So I was talking about this in some other places on the internet that I’ve been hanging out.

Prior to the latest round of protests, Austin PD circulated warnings to owners of high-rise properties in the area that armed individuals may attempt to access the rooftops of buildings overlooking the protest area.
    During the protests there were reports of “Antifa snipers” allegedly taking up positions on top of buildings. Weather they were Antifa proper or some affiliated group like SRA doesn’t really matter here. If true then that’s pretty serious. Not because what could have happened in Austin, I don’t think those “Antifa snipers” were likely to shoot anyone, and I wouldn’t be surprised if their handlers gave them strict instructions not to. To me, the Austin protest looks like a great relatively low risk event to use as a real-world “field training exercise” in the deployment of sharpshooters in an urban environment- how to position themselves, how to communicate with elements on the ground etc..
    They may be amateurs now but by the time shit actually pops off these people may be pretty effective at this. Because honestly we don’t know who is training them either, there are vets and active duty military who are sympathetic or fully engaged with the ideology of the Feral Left.
    It’s way past time to start taking them seriously, and the situation seriously.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Friday and Saturday the word went out that multiple BLM buses were headed to Austin.
    People from Dallas to San Antonio were in convoy to Austin to counter protest. Multiple Facebook posts of course, a couple of calls. They were organizing so that wouldn't happen in Austin.
    When we wake up this morning we need to be well aware that had the Chief not made that call, we might have had a bloody Saturday Night in Austin. Art Acevedo wouldn't have had the guts to buck the Mayor, but he would be blaming guns for what went wrong.
    Did bus loads or convoys actually show up? I see lots of discussion about “xxx-group are organizing to go to y-city”, but I’m not sure I’ve seen instances of it coming true.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm 40 + miles away, my neighbor had to return a vehicle to Austin yesterday, I will ask him when I see him.

Feedback Score
    The day of the shooting Foster was interviewed. He was asked why he was carrying.

https://youtu.be/gq99anptsmI

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    It's easy for the media to call him Libertarian because there is a huge anti-libertarian presence on all social media. ALSO because he cannot be called a conservative because he has a black GF, or a liberal because he is so pro gun. Narratives spinning like tops.
    The Zimmerman Effect.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Apparently, Texas no longer believes in the right to self defense and has seen fit to convict a Texas soldier of murder for it.

Travis County Jury Finds Texas Soldier Guilty of MURDER For Shooting Armed BLM-Antifa Protester in Self Defense During 2020 Riots
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Apparently, Texas no longer believes in the right to self defense and has seen fit to convict a Texas soldier of murder for it.

Travis County Jury Finds Texas Soldier Guilty of MURDER For Shooting Armed BLM-Antifa Protester in Self Defense During 2020 Riots
    He was never going to get a fair trial in Austin.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast