Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone shoot/test the Berry's Hollow Point pistol bullets?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've shot Montana Gold over the years. I just recently fired up the pistol dies after years of rifle only. It's kind of fun to crank out pistol ammo for a change.

Probably not a pistol bullet buyers market. Pappabear is following an auction for 1000 rounds of factory fmj where the bid is up to $805!!! beyond retarded.
    Last edited by markm; 07-28-20 at 17:19.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Dats nuts.

SGAmmo has/had Speer GDs 9mm in stock yesterday, at close to normal price.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Dats nuts.

SGAmmo has/had Speer GDs 9mm in stock yesterday, at close to normal price.
    Thanks, I bought 3 boxes for the hell of it. Its Critical Defense prices after shipping and all that jazz, but nice to have on hand. I just saw on GB a case of 1,000 rds of ball 9mm going for $855. How insane is that ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have reloaded a few thousand and these have shot great. I did not perform any expansion test though.

jpgm

https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bull...d-bullets-new/

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Those look different than the ones I've used in the past, but Berry's tend to be pretty soft. I didn't like them due to heavy copper fouling and poor accuracy.
    Ive never had copper fouling problems after firing maybe 10-20k Berry's plated bullets. I dont expect them to be 25 yd bullseye bullets but are just fine for regular training. Also they dont send sharp fragments when shooting steel at closer range(YMMV dont try this at home).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shoot a lot of plated Berry FMJs with no issues and accuracy on par with a number of other practice FMJs.

Have not tried the Berry HPs, but have had excellent luck with the Hornady HAPs.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I shoot a lot of plated Berry FMJs with no issues and accuracy on par with a number of other practice FMJs.

Have not tried the Berry HPs, but have had excellent luck with the Hornady HAPs.
    Same here.

Those things are a dream come true for reloaders that want to work up XTP loads without using a ton of XTP projectiles for load development.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We'll have to watch for the HAPs after the current tard panic passes.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've only used plated bullets for target rounds (FN and RN) and they go bang when I load them correctly. (Berry's and another brand that escapes me at the moment.)

For self defense rounds I try to stick with higher quality bullets with relatively known performance characteristics. Interested in any testing you do as good hollow points are not cheap.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. I run Gold Dots for actual carry. Just curious to see if these just look good, or actually work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast