Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You need this on your AR

Feedback Score

You need this on your AR

Friends just directed me to https://www.deflectorbrake.com/ and I ordered a pack of 4 deflectors that come in a nice case you can carry with your shooting gear.

I immediately recognized the importance of these as hot brass ejection was identified as a problem in 1983.

http://looserounds.com/556timeline/556dw-1983/ scroll down to February 1983 and read the background.

I got a pack in and put one on a PA10 (Palmetto Armory AR10) and trimmed a tad off the top and this deflector is a little smaller than my AR15 deflector bumps.

Went out and shot it and cases are all towards 1:30/2:00 and every last one looks like it was fired in a bolt rifle. No dented mouths, gouges in body etc.

I had made similar from two part epoxy putty but at a higher cost for other ARs I own and not nearly so neat. Won't be doing any more of them for sure now that these are available.

If you shoot with others you won't have to worry about hitting your friends with your hot cases and other negative aspects occurring.
    Last edited by Humpy70; 07-28-20 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Looks like an answer in search of a question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Looks like an answer in search of a question.
    Yeah. My brass goes through the sizing die anyway. I don't care about dents and dings.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Capitalism at its finest. Capitalism defeats marxism.

Feedback Score
    No. No I don't.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

$4.38 at Lowes

If that's your sort of thing.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 07-28-20 at 16:24.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Who was the guy here who would put electrical tape on his shell deflector to keep marks off it?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Who was the guy here who would put electrical tape on his shell deflector to keep marks off it?
    I know guys that are that nutty. Our IT guy sent his DD back because the gas tube wasn't aligned with the key.... I'm like... just bend the damned thing... No.. I want them to do it.

Well.. enjoy not having your gun while it ships.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpy70 View Post
    I immediately recognized the importance of these as hot brass ejection was identified as a problem in 1983.

The horror.....

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    fck, all my guns are ruined, I had no idea. I feel like an idiot.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast