Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on lpvo

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    The P4xi punches WAY above its class. I'd buy another one in a heart beat if I was looking for another LPVO.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    The P4xi punches WAY above its class. I'd buy another one in a heart beat if I was looking for another LPVO.
    I agreed until they raised the price. Now it’s in Viper 1-6 territory so I’m not sure it’s as much of the easy answer that it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Eotech is fine. I don't reach for magnification until I get to about 500 yards.... 400 maybe if the target is smaller than IPSC.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I agreed until they raised the price. Now it’s in Viper 1-6 territory so I’m not sure it’s as much of the easy answer that it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just checked MSRP; wow. I got mine for ~$450 on eBay probably a year ago, and it was a killer value at that point.

$650 isn't bad, but like you said- that's Viper PST 1-6 territory. Add another $150 and you can score non-E 1-6 Razors if you watch EEs on forums.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Can you swing two optics, at least for a little while? See whether you really like the LPVO, switch off with the Eotech depending on your needs.

If so, there have been several deals recently on reputable optics in that range, including Trijicon Accupowers and Vortex PST’s.
    This is actually really sound advice. Try them and compare with a shot timer, scored courses of fire, etc. You may find that you can't go back to an RDS, or vice versa- that you hate magnified optics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just checked MSRP; wow. I got mine for ~$450 on eBay probably a year ago, and it was a killer value at that point.

$650 isn't bad, but like you said- that's Viper PST 1-6 territory. Add another $150 and you can score non-E 1-6 Razors if you watch EEs on forums.
    Yeah it does seem to have gone the other way nowadays - seems you are more likely to find a Viper 1-6 on deal than the Steiner (I mentioned on another thread I just picked up an open box PST for 489 bucks).

I guess where the Steiner scores some points is that it is considerably lighter...but of course you trade off the extra zoom on the PST.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Yeah I got mine lightly used a few years ago in an ADM mount for $550 I think. That was a fantastic value. Now like was said above, you're looking at about the same price for lighter weight or 2x extra zoom.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Eotech is fine. I don't reach for magnification until I get to about 500 yards.... 400 maybe if the target is smaller than IPSC.
    I always respect your opinion, but how can you ID a threat beyond 100 without some time of mag?

Or are you just talking about banging known steel targets at known distance?
    Last edited by scooter22; 07-29-20 at 20:57.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim808 View Post
    mr gng gave a good review of the nikon black 1000 1-4x24. I think nikon is getting out of scopes and the price had dropped to below $200 pre COVID-19.

Post COVID-19 and BLM, they are now about 330.
    I picked up a Nikon Black 1-4 at the $200ish price and use it on a 22 lr upper. It's a hell of a scope at $200; good glass, fairly useful reticle, 1X is 1X or very close, and good eyebox. It is not bright enough to replace a red dot in the day. Turrets are capped, but the caps are very tall.

I don't know if I would be a fan at $330.

Andy

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I always respect your opinion, but how can you ID a threat beyond 100 without some time of mag?

Or are you just talking about banging known steel targets at known distance?
    Everyone has their silo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12