Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest Rules on Shouldering a Brace July 2020

Feedback Score

Latest Rules on Shouldering a Brace July 2020

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I was posting a brief reasoning for why someone might want a big braced pistol in 2020 rather than a registered SBR and attempting to do so with humor. I'm sorry it didn't translate well.
    Thanks for clarifying.

Simple answer for not turning an AR pistol into an SBR for me is “because at this stage of “free America”, I still can.”. IDGAF who likes or dislikes what works for me and is legal.

When/if the powers that be outlaw my AR pistol, what makes you think they won’t go after an SBR too! And I can legally sell mine off without any records (in TX)...not so much with an SBR to my knowledge. If I’m wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 08-04-20 at 08:51.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Thanks for clarifying.

Simple answer for not turning an AR pistol into an SBR for me is “because at this stage of “free America”, I still can.”. IDGAF who likes or dislikes what works for me and is legal.

When/if the powers that be outlaw my AR pistol, what makes you think they won’t go after an SBR too! And I can legally sell mine off without any records (in TX)...not so much with an SBR to my knowledge. If I’m wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can always revert an SBR to a pistol or rifle config and sell it as such as a title 1 gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    You can always revert an SBR to a pistol or rifle config and sell it as such as a title 1 gun.
    You can contact the ATF to remove it from the NFA registry and thus change it into a normal title 1 rifle, but you cannot convert an SBR to a pistol as an individual even if you remove it from the registry; it's still a rifle. A licensed manufacturer can do it by manufacturing a pistol out of it, but individuals cannot. See https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...78#post2680078. Please direct any arguments on this particular point to that thread since it's not the point of this thread.

That said, IANAL.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sproc View Post
    You can contact the ATF to remove it from the NFA registry and thus change it into a normal title 1 rifle, but you cannot convert an SBR to a pistol as an individual even if you remove it from the registry; it's still a rifle. A licensed manufacturer can do it by manufacturing a pistol out of it, but individuals cannot. See https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...78#post2680078. Please direct any arguments on this particular point to that thread since it's not the point of this thread.

That said, IANAL.
    If it started life as a pistol, you can revert it to a pistol and sell it as a pistol. If it started life as a rifle, then yes, it can only go back to being a rifle. I did it with two of my former SBRs earlier this year and even confirmed with an ATF agent who called me about it afterwards, due to a twitchy gun shop clerk presumably calling them after the transfer. I also got confirmation back from NFA branch when I sent them a letter requesting that the two former SBRs be annotated as reverted to title 1 status.

But yeah man I'm not gonna drop a necro-reply in a 2 year old thread. That's just weird. Threads drift pretty often around here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123