So yeah, the painfully obvious, significant shortages of ammo (.22lr, 9mm, .45 acp, .223/5.56) and popular gun models are nationwide. Not surprised by that completely, but surprised how bad it is already. I don't shop a ton the last year or two because I am pretty well stocked. Was looking around this week for some .22lr and was pretty stunned at the state of things.

A few articles discussing the nationwide supply situation:

In addition to that:
1. Two LGS that I work with in WA state say that due to COVID-19, there's been a disruption in supply of both new firearms, and ammo. In some cases because OEM factories shut down. They cannot get any of the most popular calibers, and models. For instance try to get a G19 Gen5, or a case 5.56 or 9mm any brand: forget it.
2. Beyond the local scene, I went to several of my favorite online stores for firearms and ammunition. Out of EVERYthing in the popular models and calibers, and slim pickings in calibers that I use that are less popular, such as 6.5 Grendel.

Speculation about what's driving those trends, in order of importance:
1. COVID-19 related disruptions in supply.
2. Increased buying due to social unrest.
3. Early ramp-up buying anticipating left-wing election victories resulting in further gun control legislation.

Any other factors? Is it gonna' get better within 12 months *if* Trump is re-elected, or do we expect the supply situation continues indefinitely due to the OTHER factors we're facing, items 1 and 2 above?