Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where Pappabear?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'll be honest here... I bought more than I "need" and seeing the crazy prices ammo is going for I'm really tempted to sell a bunch on gunbroker. I hate being a gouger, but hell, I could make enough off the profits to almost pay for a new truck... that's hard to ignore...
    Last edited by Bluto; 08-04-20 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    If you have enough to shoot a desired minimum amount from that type of gun for the rest of your life you "have enough".

So if your 50 and imagine you could be shooting until your 80 100 rounds of 9mm a week average you'll want 150K rounds. 100 rounds a month 36K rounds. 200 rounds a year 6K rounds.

Do the math and get what you think you'll need in those calibers. And do it this past January. Store it well. Or do it if the market ever recovers and it becomes available and is still legal to buy.

If you have a spouse, kids, etc, you may need more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    If you have enough to shoot a desired minimum amount from that type of gun for the rest of your life you "have enough".

So if your 50 and imagine you could be shooting until your 80 100 rounds of 9mm a week average you'll want 150K rounds. 100 rounds a month 36K rounds. 200 rounds a year 6K rounds.

Do the math and get what you think you'll need in those calibers. And do it this past January. Store it well. Or do it if the market ever recovers and it becomes available and is still legal to buy.

If you have a spouse, kids, etc, you may need more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I'll be honest here... I bought more than I "need" and seeing the crazy prices ammo is going for I'm really tempted to sell a bunch on gunbroker. I hate being a gouger, but hell, I could make enough off the profits to almost pay for a new truck... that's hard to ignore...
    I’ve got a couple of PSA lowers that I got as part of a gun and lower special deal. I built them up and they are just sitting in my safe. Really want to start going with LMT ambidextrous lowers. I don’t even have plans for these right now. Might part with these two.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    We are signing some deals I hope this week, which will give us access to ammo.

Don't ask me questions, that I can't answer until the deals are signed.

But I have multiple people working on it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought more than I need too, of some things...Im practically swimming in AR and AK mags. I think I still have like four stripped lowers that have never been used. Plus one of those crappy polymer 80% lowers with the jig that I know *I’ll* never use, but during a panic, someone might want it. I even have an underfolder AK rifle that I might be able to sell too.

It’s just my shooting habits that has screwed me on the ammo front. I shot it off faster than I could afford to replenish it.
    I mean hell, yesterday I ended up firing 100 rounds of 9mm at the range instead of the 50 I had previously decided was my weekly limit. So I didn’t help my supply situation there.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 08-05-20 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    Are there any places that are taking back orders at reasonable prices? Mainly 9mm and 55gr 556 practice ammo? If I can place some orders and know that in Sept/Oct I get some more, that would make me a bit more comfortable doing more comps or taking a class.

I really don't want to get into reloading. Are primers/bullets/powder hard to come by? I haven't seen people complaining about primers like they have in the past. If I'm cutting back on shooting , I have free time for loading.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I really don't want to get into reloading. Are primers/bullets/powder hard to come by? I haven't seen people complaining about primers like they have in the past. If I'm cutting back on shooting , I have free time for loading.
    Components have effectively dried up, so yes.
    Primers/bullets most difficult to source at this time.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    We are signing some deals I hope this week, which will give us access to ammo.

Don't ask me questions, that I can't answer until the deals are signed.

But I have multiple people working on it.
    How about a group buy for M4C members?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast