Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    count me in as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I have a honest question I am curious about. Not rubbing it in or busting balls. For those who are scrambling to buy guns, ammo, or thinking about getting into reloading right now, what kept you from making these purchases between 2014 and 2019?
    It isn't like I am going to run out of ammo anytime soon, I just don't want to keep shooting and get to a level that I'm not comfortable with. I use, I buy. I can't buy, it isn't like I don't have ammo, but the amount of practice ammo is going down. What is the level of ammo that people think is 'prudent'? 1000 rounds, 10,000? 50,000?

I have plenty of face shooting ammo for my rifle. It's practice ammo- and really just the ability to refill. Like I said, if I can preoder for later this year, heck 3-6 months out, I'd feel a lot better.

Reloading would cut into other time and shooting time, plus I'm a gear/tech whore and I know I'd go overboard on it. I used to travel 50% of the time, not anymore, and maybe not as much when it comes back. So maybe I have time now.

I guess you could say why 'we' didn't 'plan' ahead, I'd say, where have all these people been that are panicing now? Pandemics and race riots- been there, seen that. What is new?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I have a honest question I am curious about. Not rubbing it in or busting balls. For those who are scrambling to buy guns, ammo, or thinking about getting into reloading right now, what kept you from making these purchases between 2014 and 2019?
    There's lot of reasons, but the current overriding reason is nationwide riots and violence. When people watch TV and see police precincts abandoned and ablaze, squad cars burning in the streets, sections of cities abandoned by law enforcement and taken over by thugs... that's a real eye-opener for the need for personal protection or to add to what ya already got.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Related:

It's very sad people are afraid to claim they are gun owners. Though it's nice to see people starting to realize the intent of the Second Amendment.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/first-tim...ety-protection
    Nah, they don't really give a damn. IF this calms down at all after the election, they'll sell it at a loss because they "don't need it anymore, eww, icky" and they'll be right back to protesting for gun control and arguing with other gun owners about "reasonable restrictions." F*** em. It's just temporary fear motivation.
    Remember, it's highly likely that ALL these types of people have known at least one "crazy" friend or relative who's a "gun nut" for well over the last 5+ years...

Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Cheaper Than Dirt just sent out an email indicating they've got ammo, mags in stock

Tula 223 20 rounds $11.79
    S&B 5.56 20 rounds $24.89

I'm a fan of capitalism but this is ridiculous.
    I can't wait till they bless us with $99 Pmags.
    I haven't bought anything from them since their 2013 shenanigans and never will, unless they actually ever had pricing that lived up to their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Bottom line, rarely do we feel we have enough. But if you have a few thousand of your known calibers your GTG IMHO. If your in a firefight that last 500 rounds your proably fcked anyway. Probably less. But we all hord like crazy, its just part of the game I guesss. I have way more than I need and I'm buying bullets and powder like there aint no manana.

PB
    Depends on what sort of fight it is...
    You gotta remember, as the number of guns you can bring to bear goes down, and the number of opponents goes up, the rate of fire must rise to compensate, therefore ammo expenditure per person rises accordingly...
    Of course, sure, your survival percentage also drops accordingly, but regardless, you could burn through your first few mags real quick just 'getting off the X' in the right (and IMHO, increasingly not that unlikely) situation.

That being said, I also read somewhere a few years back that the average expenditure of ammunition for your average GWOT soldier in a low-intensity-conflict area was about 2k rounds per year. So... take that with the grain of sand implied, and scale accordingly.

Which begs the question. Why become a collector now?
    Sounds like a question for the 2.5 mil newbies who just rushed out to buy guns in the last few months, not the forumites here...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    In for 9mm and 5.56
    Im good on everything else

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Probably should officially throw my hat in too for some nicely priced good manufacture ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kids. We had our first in 2007 and 2nd in 2009. While they were both in fulltime daycare, that bill was within a few dollars of our monthly mortgage payment, and then there are all of the other expenses. They are old enough that daycare is just recently a thing of the past, and I have been ramping up purchases, but that is why I'm not sitting on the pile that I would like to be.
    ..and I would like to be included in the group buy.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Hey - I'm ALWAYS down for more ammo!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    LOL

Yoni is probably thinking right now "Oh hell, what did I get myself into! Why did I open my mouth?"
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    My ammo consumption increased greatly during this time frame, particularly in 5.56 and 9mm. Got a lot more mouths to feed in these calibers than pre-2014.
    It's not that I don't have a stash of ammo, it's more that I can't readily replace what I consume. As for reloading supplies, I converted a lot of components into loaded ammunition and had depleted my component inventory. As with many things, work and other financial commitments got in the way of replenishing stocks of reloading components. It's not like I don't have anything, just not able to replenish.
    Meanwhile, I have switched to shooting the cowboy guns, got ammo I loaded 15-20 years ago stashed away, or shoot up the rest of the Turk 8mm or Iraqi .303 Brit in the milsurp bolt guns.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast