Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In case anyone's not aware, you can order directly from Federal and get free shipping as well. Not saying their prices are amazing, but it's another option .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have avoided going to my local gun shop since things went to hell because I don't want to wait in line and I need nothing. I went in today to kill a little time and wow! The AR racks that were gathering dust a few months ago are almost bare and the wall full of semi auto handguns was about 80% empty and they just got a gun shipment in. I did see a used Ruger Charger that caught my eye then I turned around and saw a like new SIG 556 Classic on the rack for $799. The S&W M&P Sport II 5.56 next to it was $699. That M&P was a $489 gun 7 months ago. I snagged that SIG and filled out the 4473. I ended up being 2400+ in line for the state police background check. The longest I can ever remember it being was 75. Now Im looking at Tuesday until I can pick it up. Crazy!

Feedback Score
    Nice thing about a CHL is no wait for NICS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    Nice thing about a CHL is no wait for NICS.
    In Oregon it goes through the State Police and costs $10. Everyone has to do it, my CHL doesn't get me out of it. It chapped my ass to learn that there is a new .5% tax on guns to pay for "Education".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I have avoided going to my local gun shop since things went to hell because I don't want to wait in line and I need nothing. I went in today to kill a little time and wow! The AR racks that were gathering dust a few months ago are almost bare and the wall full of semi auto handguns was about 80% empty and they just got a gun shipment in. I did see a used Ruger Charger that caught my eye then I turned around and saw a like new SIG 556 Classic on the rack for $799. The S&W M&P Sport II 5.56 next to it was $699. That M&P was a $489 gun 7 months ago. I snagged that SIG and filled out the 4473. I ended up being 2400+ in line for the state police background check. The longest I can ever remember it being was 75. Now Im looking at Tuesday until I can pick it up. Crazy!

Why are you buying guns? Weren't you just telling people they were not worth it the other day?
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-15-20 at 01:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Why are you buying guns? Weren't you just telling people they were not worth it the other day?
    That statement only applied to the 99.8% that have spent the last four years sitting on the couch, swilling Coors light while watching NASCAR and the grown men rubber ball games. I got off the couch years ago. Anyone who spent the last 4 years toeing the line doing as they were told will, in all probability continue to do so over the next 4 years regardless of what happens. For them a single 6 shot 38 caliber revolver on the night stand will meet 100% of their needs.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 08-15-20 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Wolf 5.56 is damn near $0.60 a round... That's insane.

But:
    Ammo is technically still available.
    In Iraqi Kurdistan at the height of ISIS’s caliphate, I remember reading that 5.56 was going for $2/round and 7.62x39 was going for $1/round.

So I’d say we’re still doing pretty good.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    In case anyone's not aware, you can order directly from Federal and get free shipping as well. Not saying their prices are amazing, but it's another option .
    Didn’t see on their website where you could do this.

I’m still looking for 55gr 556 at the lowest price, even if it is on back order for a couple of months. No one have any line on something like that?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Didn’t see on their website where you could do this.

I’m still looking for 55gr 556 at the lowest price, even if it is on back order for a couple of months. No one have any line on something like that?
    Go to the ammo you are looking for, there should be a price, quantity selection box beneath the price, and availability indicator to the right of them, with an add to cart button beneath them all.

They open the flood gates in spurts, just placed an order directly through them last night, which is why I posted the info.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    In Iraqi Kurdistan at the height of ISIS’s caliphate, I remember reading that 5.56 was going for $2/round and 7.62x39 was going for $1/round.

So I’d say we’re still doing pretty good.

Just wait, it's only August?

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast