Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I get the PSA fliers it seems everyday. They always have guns for sale, but as things get tight, they get a little.... odd. I look at those fliers and think about someone having to outfit themselves for the Boogaloo- and the would end up with a Beretta Italian police 92S trade in that looks like it was dropped A LOT, most of a Yugo AK, and a Trump marked Thompson 'machine gun'....

The first one listed today was aa Gen5 G19, not baad, green grip, not optimal. Already out of stock of course...
    Interestingly enough, they had stripped lowers in stock. Not a horrible price of $75 for the stealth lowers.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Well, I just got a nice surprise. Long story short, one of the guys that works for me asked the same question many of us have gotten of "I'd like to buy an AR..." He's a good guy, conservative in his thinking, money is tight (with two teenage boys, imagine that), but has saved his pennies to buy something...

Though had no idea of the current gun run.

Anyway, told him I'd put him together one and go from there. Problem was, the stripped lower I was looking at on PSA is now sold out. I knew I had one in my safe, so no harm since it's been there at least five years and I can part with it since he's one of the good guys. I check to make sure everything's good to go and to my surprise hiding behind it are two more stripped lowers apparently I picked up years ago when they were sub $50.

Maybe it's time I checked my safe a little closer...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Well, I just got a nice surprise... I check to make sure everything's good to go and to my surprise hiding behind it are two more stripped lowers apparently I picked up years ago when they were sub $50.

Maybe it's time I checked my safe a little closer...
    Don't do it. Lowers are very private, and only reproduce like that with sufficient privacy

Feedback Score
    Had to stock up when CA killed online ordering for us.

Last year, I took my Dillon 650 apart for a deep cleaning, I hadn't used it in 8 years. Got the conversion kits and dies for 9mm, 38/357 and 223.

I think I am going to do more revolver/lever action shooting. Keeping the brass is so much easier. I'm kicking myself for not getting that Kimber K6S last year, but hopefully the 4 inch version makes it to CA.
    Last edited by ghideon; 08-13-20 at 22:53.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The last ammo craze woke me up a little earlier this time. So I got on it. Add that to the pile from the previous ammo craze slow down and I feel confident I have enough to equip myself, family and a few neighbors for a thing or two. If it's ever more than that then well I just don't know what to say. Can't say we failed for lack of trying.

But like an idiot I kept my practice and shooting habits up with my 9mm's. Just in early 2020 I picked up 3 more 9mm's. Gotta go shoot and train with them, right? I accidentally got myself down to about 1200 HD/SD/CD rounds without realizing it. Now I'm trying to play catch up and cannot find 9mm anywhere accept one lgs that has the 20 round boxes of Hornady CD for $30 ea, limit 1 per customer.

I've got plenty of 556, 22lr, 45acp, 12 and 20 ga, 357, 44, etc. I guess I've got about 20k rounds altogether with most of it being equally 556 and 22lr. And I've got cases, pills, primers and powder to make a couple thousand more 308, 30-06, 7mm rem mag. But I'm honestly afraid I may not get to shoot my 9mm's for a while until all this passes.

In for a group buy of 9mm ammo or even 5.56 if available.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Here is an update on my companies efforts to secure ammo.

We have been working on it feels like forever, but I am guessing a little over 3 weeks. We are negotiating with multiple sources, but everyone is in the same boat with Corona reduce staff, so things take longer.

Ammo factories are shut down or working with reduced staff in many places.

Having said all that, we are hoping to have deals closed by the end of next week. Then I need to work on import issues.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your efforts. It is appreciated.
    DK

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have access to ammo.

What do people think is it worth it to bring in a container of 5.56 and 9mm ball?
    I’d be game for 556

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Here is an update on my companies efforts to secure ammo.

We have been working on it feels like forever, but I am guessing a little over 3 weeks. We are negotiating with multiple sources, but everyone is in the same boat with Corona reduce staff, so things take longer.

Ammo factories are shut down or working with reduced staff in many places.

Having said all that, we are hoping to have deals closed by the end of next week. Then I need to work on import issues.
    Ammo factories should be essential workers...

Feedback Score
    Thank you Yoni. I’m interested to what you come up with.

I searched last night and magazines are still readily available, which is slightly encouraging. I think that spare mags/lowers/firearms/armor? should be priority if you have an emergency ammo stash.

Optics, mounts, and gear probably aren’t going anywhere, with the exception of night vision. Some ****o politician will decide that needs to be on the ban list

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast