Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    One of my last shifts in Atlanta, I had three guys at a gas station off J Lo tell me, while I'm in uniform, that Atlanta's a black city and that my day was coming.

These people screaming for revolution and suddenly arming themselves want to kill you.

And they will if given the chance.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Double posted

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I haven't purchased a single gun and hardly anything else gun related since the COVID and riots started. I don't understand why people are buying all these guns and ammo when they are only going to either A. Bury it to rust away or get lost to the ages or B. hand it over for disposal to the state or local PD in a few short years. Seems like a waste of money to me. My Nike stock has almost doubled in 2 1/2 years. That seems like a much wiser investment. Hell if you don't like Nike, property or food stocks is certainly wise.
    "That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
    Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
    And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
    We would not die in that man's company
    That fears his fellowship to die with us."

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you, and may posterity forget that ye were once our countrymen."

It really is true, history repeats itself....
    Last edited by Esq.; 08-02-20 at 10:38.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    I would say a minimum of 50 -100 rds weekly or biweekly. Shooting a box of ammo every 3 months just isn't enough. Also, hitting a paper target, while stationary, at your local indoor range from 5-20 yds isn't enough either. JMHO.
    I was averaging 100-200 rounds per week of 9mm but have just recently scaled back to 50 9mm/week to try and stretch what I have left. Rifle shooting has dropped way off too. Once every few weeks to once a month. As much as I prefer shooting rifle from a “fun” standpoint, 99% of the time a handgun is what I’ll actually have on me and it’s also where I’m weaker as a shooter. So even a reduced practice session is better than nothing
    Last edited by Circle_10; 08-02-20 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I haven't purchased a single gun and hardly anything else gun related since the COVID and riots started. I don't understand why people are buying all these guns and ammo when they are only going to either A. Bury it to rust away or get lost to the ages or B. hand it over for disposal to the state or local PD in a few short years. Seems like a waste of money to me. My Nike stock has almost doubled in 2 1/2 years. That seems like a much wiser investment. Hell if you don't like Nike, property or food stocks is certainly wise.
    Do tell which of those two are your plan of action? Since you seem to know what everyone else will do.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Local mega gunstore (LMGS) got 75 thousand rounds of brass blazer 9mm in. Sold out in 3 days with a 2 box limit per customer at $16 per box. Been like this for a while. They normally have multiple pallets of brass Blazer out.

That store is in an old grocery store and has 7 grocery style checkout lines for guns (belt and all). Over the last month they are typically 5-6 people deep across all seven lines. Which essentially means a 9mm/40 handgun, self defense shotgun, or an AR is walking out the door every 4-5 minutes.

The demographic is hugely different. It is 15-20 minutes drive outside of metro Atlanta. On a normal day you might see some minorities in the store and they are welcome.

Now probably 50% of the traffic is minority and it's not mixed minorities. it's clearly downtown Atlanta or similar.

I understand the families or the dad you see who's buying some protection because the police are not responding in their zone. Totally understand their need / desire, I would do the same, and I hope they as gun owners become supportive of our rights.

But for every understandable situation like that there are groups of 5-10 males 18 to 25 wearing the t-shirts you would expect them to. Mostly BLM or similar.

I'm not thinking anyone should be discouraged. But I'm more scratching my head what's driving this change, is it an organized push to arm individuals for protest, or what?

These are the same people who is cleaning out the ammunition. I've watched them in groups buy multiple boxes of $50 Hornady critical defense 9 mm from a pallet. Probably because it was the only thing available in boxes of 50.

This is not fuds buying ammunition to flip at gun shows. This is not long time shooters who should have had stocks and are worried about the presidential election. This is a sea change, entirely new demographic who is angry.

I see them at the public shooting ranges in large numbers. I normally try very hard when I see a new shooter of any type to be friendly and help if needed at ranges. This new demographic does not want any of that, some look at you distrustful and sometimes won't even speak to you. (Then again some are nice enough)

For pistols a lot of times I shoot at governors gun club (original smaller location) which is very close to me, clean and well-run. They have 20 lanes. At any given time you would normally see 90% Caucasian shooters. Mostly experienced. For the last month, it's now only 25 to 30% Caucasian. With the majority clearly being first-time shooters. I do see some females of color buying self defense firearms and getting a lesson from the store. Entirely understand and respect that. Then I also see young males with an uncased AR and pockets full of magazines, droopy pants and all. (when your belt line is below your butt and pockets are full of loaded magazines how do you keep the whole mess from falling down? I have a hard time keeping a holstered pistol up!) Sat across from one for 1 for an hour wait recently. Didn't see any hugely unsafe handling, but clearly had the NFAC vibe. Uncased AR made me nervous.

So I'm kind of scratching my head. This is not a color thing, metro atl counties are 25-46% african american... I know African American hunters and sport shooters. And some they just want to defend their families.

Instead, it's the nature of the new shooters, appears to be anger thing. Urban Atlanta people in black slogan t-shirts driving a county away to shop and another county further to shoot. Is this an organized effort? Grass roots word of mouth? I do not believe it's random.
    I try not to be a hypocrite when it comes to the RKBA. The Constitution doesn't apply to only one group of people. Having said that, should their minions (meaning Democrats) gain power this November you can bet your ass the RKBA will not apply to YOU.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    One of my last shifts in Atlanta, I had three guys at a gas station off J Lo tell me, while I'm in uniform, that Atlanta's a black city and that my day was coming.

These people screaming for revolution and suddenly arming themselves want to kill you.

Well they're probably correct if you hang out in Atlanta. But bring it on out to the sticks homie. I don't mean the suburbs, I mean out where I live. They wouldn't like it out here if causing trouble was their goal.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Would love to see yoni pull this off. Will be a great service to those who waited too long. While the gettin has been good for some time, priorities get in the way sometimes and not everyone can afford to have ten cases of ammo stacked for a rainy day.
    This time around I can forgive people. The chinoravirus hit well before the expected election panic. I blow my load on a lot of extras with the first of two 'extra' paychecks a year. This year I got my extra paycheck in May, smack in the middle of the second coming of Johnny Carson's toilet paper shortage. So it went to shoring up food and toilet paper (cleaning supplies), no ammo because there was already a panic on guns and ammo and I figured I'd wait it out and buy after the chinoravirus but still before the election. Well, thanks to certain animals being treated more equal than others, that plan turned to shit, so here I am, I still have a decent stockpile, but not the comfortable one that truly lets me focus on other things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Do tell which of those two are your plan of action? Since you seem to know what everyone else will do.

I don't need to guess what everyone will do I just look around and see what everyone else is not doing. The chest thumpers are everywhere but there is no stomach among conservatives for conflict or activism. It is the nature of the history of man. If an American were willing to go out on a limb and put their money and freedom on the line like activists on the left do I would probably already know them. Me, I see the writing on the wall. I have my Nike stock. My plan is to buy a small piece of land in the mountains, retreat, and live out my remaining years in as much peace as I can. No one else is willing to stand up so I have come to the conclusion that perhaps I was wrong and my cause is already lost. I have no desire to be an American Hiroo Onada.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post

You can want a revolution all day long, but when you are a minority of a minority, it isn't going to end well for you.
    All these loud mouths can do is spread pain and mental anguish, on their path to defeat. But it will be blacks that suffer the most.
    But it is just sad to watch the success that dead KGB agents are reaping in the USA today. These brilliant evil minds went to their graves thinking they had lost, not knowing the poison was going to get the USA in the end.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast