Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    Went to a local gun show today - 100 tables or so. Beyond a proliferation of mullets and almost nobody wearing a mask, I saw lots of black rifles and AR magazines at reasonable. Ammo was a little thin and certainly much pricey Than eight months ago.

One high volume gun show dealer really impressed me. His gun prices were at or just above pre-pandemic. His used inventory was a little tighter and he had less black rifle stock, but you could buy decent SIG ARs at a bit over cost. He had buyers stacked four deep filling out paperwork, mostly on pistols. The higher priced vendors weren’t busy, but the guy with good prices was selling.

I want cheap ammo back on the shelves, but my neck of the woods isn’t doom and gloom.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Things are absolutely terrible in Middle GA. All the major gun stores have been picked over hard. Stores are having to rearrange to obscure all the empty shelves. Ammo is basically gone at Academy (some is there if you get there on Friday, early). Place's like Clyde's are out of 9mm, 762x39 and it isn't getting better. Barrows has nothing but super high end guns like HK 762, Scars, etc. No regular ARs. It is 5x worse than I have seen in the last 30 years.Way worse than Obama. I presume once people realize Trump has a serious chance of losing it will be worse but I really can't see how.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Things are absolutely terrible in Middle GA. All the major gun stores have been picked over hard. Stores are having to rearrange to obscure all the empty shelves. Ammo is basically gone at Academy (some is there if you get there on Friday, early). Place's like Clyde's are out of 9mm, 762x39 and it isn't getting better. Barrows has nothing but super high end guns like HK 762, Scars, etc. No regular ARs. It is 5x worse than I have seen in the last 30 years.Way worse than Obama. I presume once people realize Trump has a serious chance of losing it will be worse but I really can't see how.
    It's the perfect storm.

Chance of a Biden Presidency and the idiots he surrounds himself with calling for gun control has already started.

The rioting and looting permeating every minute of the news and growing bolder every day.

Leftover Corona-angst.

A lot of things have lead to the situation we're in. Every election year tends to have its shortages. But combining it with everything else that's going on means its increased ten fold.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    No I believe it. Had relatives in it. Also know communism and it isn't a bunch of college retards. It's a little more complicated than that

Really? Who were the Red Guards?
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    No I believe it. Had relatives in it. Also know communism and it isn't a bunch of college retards. It's a little more complicated than that
    The college retards aren't communists, just the idiot tools to get us there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    The college retards aren't communists, just the idiot tools to get us there.
    Indeed, USEFUL IDIOTS are always part of the plan. The young frequently make good idiots for a host of reasons....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Indeed, USEFUL IDIOTS are always part of the plan. The young frequently make good idiots for a host of reasons....
    Which is why Aristotle said, "Politics is not a fit study for the young, for they lack experience in life...."
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Related:

It's very sad people are afraid to claim they are gun owners. Though it's nice to see people starting to realize the intent of the Second Amendment.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/first-tim...ety-protection

For years, Carlene and Jake went back-and-forth about purchasing a firearm.

The young parents from California – who did not feel comfortable using their last names or more specific identifiers when they spoke with Fox News on Sunday out of concern about possible backlash – said with the country “a little bit on edge right now,” it was the right time to make the purchase.

The couple is among the hoard of 2.5 million first-time gun buyers who have exercised their Second Amendment right to own weapons. They told Fox News they have received their licenses and are now waiting for their firearms to arrive because they’re on back order.

“With everything going on in both the world and politics and everything, you can't really be too safe,” Carlene said. “We have a family, a young family, so I think that's always on the back of my mind, as well. I think with a lot of the riots and such like that, it's important to – if your First Amendment isn't protected, I guess you always have the second, right?"
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Related:

It's very sad people are afraid to claim they are gun owners. Though it's nice to see people starting to realize the intent of the Second Amendment.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/first-tim...ety-protection
    Bet they still vote “D” in November.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    I would say a minimum of 50 -100 rds weekly or biweekly. Shooting a box of ammo every 3 months just isn't enough. Also, hitting a paper target, while stationary, at your local indoor range from 5-20 yds isn't enough either. JMHO.
    I get to move around when I shoot. Draw and shoot, etc.

Performance degrades the moment you leave the range. We all have to draw the line somewhere between "shoot as much as I want" to "The ammo I have now may have to last me the rest of my life, so how much should I shoot a year?"

Keep in mind 200 rounds a year is two to four times what the average cop gets. Also, the less we shoot, the more important each bullet fired in training becomes. So a good plan is necessary.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast