Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Very true. At my old department, most of the officers not give two shits about any of the gear they carried, gun included. In fact, anyone who did have any interest in guns or gear of any kind was considered weird to the point of where they didn't want to work with you; you would be "that guy".
    "Tackleberry"

There is "that guy" and there is that guy. Fortunately for us there are enough guys interested, and competent, that there is no stigma.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    We are working on this, we got a little side tracked due to having to meet a dead line on a grant program.

With Corona, we have cut the only place we are willing to cut and that is administration, we let everyone go but our admin director.

Between Corona and the state of the world in general, an exotic beach, great cigar and beverage with a few friends is sounding very good.
    If this (ammo) happens I will certainly pony up for some, and thank you for the chance; if not, thank you for looking into it, and enjoy the beach! There is no such thing here! 110 in the shade today

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    "Tackleberry"

There is "that guy" and there is that guy. Fortunately for us there are enough guys interested, and competent, that there is no stigma.
    Anyone at my department who knew anything beyond the fact that we were issued Glock 22s and that they shot .40 S&W was considered a Tackleberry. At my old PD, the only interests you were "allowed" to have were 1) Doing the job 2) Working overtime 3) Investigating things while off the clock 4) Working out. If you liked anything else, be it guns, sports (other than fitness), music, movies, TV, art, books, games...you were a weirdo. Fun was for kids only.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Anyone at my department who knew anything beyond the fact that we were issued Glock 22s and that they shot .40 S&W was considered a Tackleberry. At my old PD, the only interests you were "allowed" to have were 1) Doing the job 2) Working overtime 3) Investigating things while off the clock 4) Working out. If you liked anything else, be it guns, sports (other than fitness), music, movies, TV, art, books, games...you were a weirdo. Fun was for kids only.
    Wow. Sorry to hear that brother... if I remember correctly, you did not enjoy your time there very much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did a couple hour search this morning, thru everyone I could find selling online ammo.
    Looking at prices & availability. The "combat calibers" as I call them of course are Out of Stock...but found a little 5.56 at .68 & up per ound of XM 193. Even crappy M855 is gone now.
    9mm is kaput- found a little HST & GD for $40-$49 per 50. Couldnt find ANY ball/range ammo.
    12 gauge Buck is nearly extinct..but around $8-$9 per box of 5.
    So...I delved into other caliber I love & have used in my lifetime...the .243,which I love, 30-30, 25-06, 357/38/44 Mag.
    Found 0 30-30 & was shocked at that.
    .243 mostly gone, but up over a $1 + a round.
    25-06 still there.
    357/38/44M gone. Found none. .380 POOF, again.
    I know this aint BREAKING NEWS or anything, but maybe I saved someone the waste of time looking, its just an update & Ive no doubt others may find a plethora that I somehow missed.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Your best bet is to talk to your LGS and find out what day they take deliveries. One I frequent has most pistol calibers on the shelf for a few days after their truck comes in. Haven’t seen any .223/5.56 for a while, though.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I have found it useful to stop by agricultural supply store. Locally, these is still a bit of reloading components. I scored an 8# jug this week.

Feedback Score
    My local gun store is fully stocked, in fact a offered the local sheriff use of a few tanks if rioters got out of hand.

Google dragonmans images.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I did a couple hour search this morning, thru everyone I could find selling online ammo.
    Looking at prices & availability. The "combat calibers" as I call them of course are Out of Stock...but found a little 5.56 at .68 & up per ound of XM 193. Even crappy M855 is gone now.
    9mm is kaput- found a little HST & GD for $40-$49 per 50. Couldnt find ANY ball/range ammo.
    12 gauge Buck is nearly extinct..but around $8-$9 per box of 5.
    So...I delved into other caliber I love & have used in my lifetime...the .243,which I love, 30-30, 25-06, 357/38/44 Mag.
    Found 0 30-30 & was shocked at that.
    .243 mostly gone, but up over a $1 + a round.
    25-06 still there.
    357/38/44M gone. Found none. .380 POOF, again.
    I know this aint BREAKING NEWS or anything, but maybe I saved someone the waste of time looking, its just an update & Ive no doubt others may find a plethora that I somehow missed.
    6.5 CM has been plentiful just a little expensive. I've searched too, and just decided to stop shooting anything not 6.5 until hopefully the panic slows.

I got into guns right before Sandy Hook and told myself I'll never be caught with only 100 rounds again. Now I have only 3-4k each of 5.56 and 9mm and feel like I don't have enough to practice.
    Last edited by Zane1844; 08-04-20 at 10:32.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Wow. Sorry to hear that brother... if I remember correctly, you did not enjoy your time there very much.
    I did not. Unfortunately the “take the first job offered” strategy of getting into LE backfired. That department, to their credit, has a reputation for being pretty competent, but also quite unpleasant. Nobody liked each other there, and everyone was constantly passive aggressive towards one another. One of my FTOs even said “don’t try to make friends here. Nobody here hangs out off the job or even talks to anyone else.” Even with the good pay, cops from other departments almost NEVER lateral there. I was happier working as a CO at the county jail, which is saying a lot because that job was also horrifically bad. But I at least worked with guys who actually had interests in things like guns, sports, movies, etc.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast