Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    The sheepdog occasionally bites the troublemaker sheep who dress up like wolves, by honest mistake. Rather than give the sheepdog the benefit of the doubt, the sheep attack, devalue and demean the sheepdog to the point where he cannot effectively fulfill his purpose, and the real wolves are the first to take note. The sheep then panic and try to form a hopelessly inadequate defense. Welcome to America Farm

Feedback Score
    Ammo online is somewhat available, if one is willing pay an exorbitant price i.e. $600/case of 9mm or 5.56; to think that $300 for 1k of 9mm is a deal! On a local gun trader site, Glocks are selling for $700 to $1200, to me its ridiculous. However, if I were a first time buyer in need of a firearm/ammo I'd pay it without thinking twice. Abusive ? Perhaps, but it is market/supply/demand driven.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All types of firearms are available here, I've been to several shops and if I wanted a Glock, SIG, CZ, Springfield, Colt, whatever no problem. Oh wait, you want ammo with that? How many good kidneys do you have? Children maybe, arm, leg? How much do you want it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm going to say this and probably jinx it but I think there's more ammo available now then there was say 3 weeks ago.

Looking at Sgammo, they had 556 about mid of last week that lasted into the weekend. Didn't sell out in the typical 5 minutes. Right now they have 556 available and it hasn't sold out in 5 min either. That makes it about a week they've had a small but steady supply.

Local gunsmith has had 556 in stock at about 50 cents/round. Not a huge supply nor much of a selection but it's there. He also has 330blk pistol still available.

Maybe wallets are starting to run dry?!? Or people are desensitized by now

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 07-29-20 at 14:57.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    My question; how in HELL did people not see this coming?
    The people who don't stock up are either not serious shooters who've learned to stock a regular supply while prices are good, or they haven't lived through the boom-bust cycles enough times to get the message that it's always gonna be this way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I'm going to say this and probably jinx it but I think there's more Ann available now then there was say 3 weeks ago.

Looking at Sgammo, they had 556 about mid of last week that lasted into the weekend. Didn't sell out in the typical 5 minutes. Right now they have 556 available and it hasn't sold out in 5 min either. That makes it about a week they've had a small but steady supply.

Local gunsmith has had 556 in stock at about 50 cents/round. Not a huge supply nor much of a selection but it's there. He also has 330blk pistol still available.

Maybe wallets are starting to run dry?!? Or people are desensitized by now

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    OK, good sign, at least it's there. I just checked with my LGS and they have some Wolf 9mm, 50 rounds at $15.00 . I resent paying so much for cheapo ammo but I might buy a few boxes later.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post

In short, the bulk of society are sheep, waiting for the next signal for how to act. When the threat of wolves suddenly becomes real they are caught off guard and panic.

The HERD, has two speeds, grazing (head up their ass) and Stampede! (Oh My God, Panic Everyone!!!!!)
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Some people just can’t afford to have a large surplus of firearms, mags, and ammo. My family thinks I’m nuts because I have several rifles, two Glocks and a couple thousand rounds of 5.56.

If I had the funds I’d have so much more. And everyone realizing they should do at least the same is playing catch-up, because they know the next ban is coming.

I am focusing on mags and gear for now, and reloading equipment for the future. I hope ammo normalizes, but I doubt it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    Some people just can’t afford to have a large surplus of firearms, mags, and ammo. My family thinks I’m nuts because I have several rifles, two Glocks and a couple thousand rounds of 5.56.

If I had the funds I’d have so much more. And everyone realizing they should do at least the same is playing catch-up, because they know the next ban is coming.

I am focusing on mags and gear for now, and reloading equipment for the future. I hope ammo normalizes, but I doubt it.
    I hear you, if my family just knew how much I had.. Yet this is my break-glass supply, never to be touched unless...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I prefer to keep ammo like any other budgeted expense. Just buy whatever version meets my needs on a budgeted basis. Sometimes that's getting a good deal on reloading components, sometimes that's factory ammo by the case. For a while, it was factory ammo. Thankfully I have reloading components to see me through for a while, and the budgeted purchases simply continue. I'd actually consider that green tip in post #14 if it were Lake City instead of Federal.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast