Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
    True, and I do not totally disagree, but they might make that once a week or twice a week maybe. It's not like they are making it hourly.

There are better ways to handle multiple transfers at a time imho, but I'm thinking more along the lines of bulk discounts than you maybe?

My guy does them for $10 per serial number over two fwiw. And that is worth something to me. He has a lot of headaches to deal with not the least of which is the ATF once a year or so. Whereas I have zero worries about them.

A busy FFL can do a lot transfers a week. Charging reasonable fees and not playing games with logging in guns is enough to create a loyal clientele. People who make excuses for shit transfer practices will get ZERO sympathy from me.

Speaking of the ATF the Obunga ATF went to border state dealers and photocopied their books then went and harassed gun owners like me. I've talked about it before but they showed up at my house with copies of forms I'd filled out, and as I was talking to them seeing pictures of relatives of mine in their folder like a mug shot of my BIL who got 'arrested' for an expired license out of TX when he was a Marine, and was being medically retired. He drove while still recovering but with everything going on didn't even think about the exp date on his DL.

I have to think the two agents who showed up at my door probably could have come up with something better that day if allowed to but Obunga had to save face after the gun running he oversaw. Still doesn't have anything to do with FFL's being stupid about transfers.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The 22 lr shortage in the obummer years really stung me. I was doing an inventory last week and stopped at 10,000 rounds of rimfire. I'm still buying bricks at the LGS though, once bitten twice shy. I shoot too much 5.56 to have much of a stockpile, but I have plenty of cases, primers, projectiles, and powder, so no worries. I dunno what I should really have, ammo wise. I have at least a basic load of OTM or Bonded SP 5.56 for myself and my family members and enough 9mm for everyone to have 3 loaded mags of GDHP with plenty to spare. Throw in a mix of 12 and 20 gauge buckshot and slugs, plus some 30-06 and I am pretty confident we can weather any storm.

I still want more ammo though, and hope Yoni and I can do a little business.

Shelves here are swept bare of ammo in the Academy Sports and awfully thin for 9mm and 223/5.56 everywhere else.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn, we're now at 60cents a round for 5.56... We were holding at 50cents a round for awhile there...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In for a group buy as well.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ah....It's so nice to have all those cans of M193 and M855 I bought at 29-33 cents per round. And a few thousand rounds each of 9mm, 7.62x39, 7.62 NATO too.

Sorry, I had to rub it in.

I remember when you could buy Lake City M193 in loose round barrel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Ah....It's so nice to have all those cans of M193 and M855 I bought at 29-33 cents per round. And a few thousand rounds each of 9mm, 7.62x39, 7.62 NATO too.

Sorry, I had to rub it in.

I remember when you could buy Lake City M193 in loose round barrel.
    How many rounds are in a 55gal drum?? I bought some M855 only because I gotta ping it was on sale & then the panic buying started. I watched ammoseek around the prices you mentioned in various qty's to only having the drums at around $5k in less than a week but qty was 'drum'.
    Last edited by Artos; 08-09-20 at 18:25.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Is anyone taking back orders on ammo? Like I've said, I want to manage my inventory and if I can plan on having more ammo coming in (and at what cost) on a known(ish) date, I can plan my ammo usage. Looking for 1-5000 rounds of 556/193 and 9mm.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    In for a group buy, thanks Yoni for your efforts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    How many rounds are in a 55gal drum?? I bought some M855 only because I gotta ping it was on sale & then the panic buying started. I watched ammoseek around the prices you mentioned in various qty's to only having the drums at around $5k in less than a week but qty was 'drum'.
    I don't remember the quantity, but a barrel was around $4-5k I think. That was quite a few years ago. Wish I'd bought a couple barrels.

Instead, I just kept buying a case or two at a time and stacking what I didn't shoot. My shooting has dropped off in the last 2-3 years, so I have plenty for the potentially coming hard times.

To think; I used to shoot 300 rounds or so every weekend...
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 08-10-20 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    I get the PSA fliers it seems everyday. They always have guns for sale, but as things get tight, they get a little.... odd. I look at those fliers and think about someone having to outfit themselves for the Boogaloo- and the would end up with a Beretta Italian police 92S trade in that looks like it was dropped A LOT, most of a Yugo AK, and a Trump marked Thompson 'machine gun'....

The first one listed today was aa Gen5 G19, not baad, green grip, not optimal. Already out of stock of course...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast