Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    The sheepdog occasionally bites the troublemaker sheep who dress up like wolves, by honest mistake. Rather than give the sheepdog the benefit of the doubt, the sheep attack, devalue and demean the sheepdog to the point where he cannot effectively fulfill his purpose, and the real wolves are the first to take note. The sheep then panic and try to form a hopelessly inadequate defense. Welcome to America Farm
    Are you calling for total immunity for a few occupational classes?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Is it gonna' get better within 12 months *if* Trump is re-elected, or do we expect the supply situation continues indefinitely due to the OTHER factors we're facing, items 1 and 2 above?
    IF biden is elected, guns and ammo will double or triple in price
    IF trump is re-elected, it will go back to the way things were last year, cheap and widely available guns and ammo.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that 1/3rd of renters didn't pay their rent on time last month. boats, RVs, campers, motorcycles and the like sales are through the roof. I've heard some RV retailers claim sales are up 600%. heard a boat retailer say they sold their entire stock. BMW had a record quarter last EDIT ending in june. (i'm trying to buy a gsa and there aren't many in stock)

My point is that our society is chock full of idiots who having just experienced pandemics and riots and shortages of everything from toilet paper to beef have decided in their wisdom to en masse a) stop paying their rent, b) stay home and collect unemployment instead of working, c) spend their gov freebies and handouts (aka stimulus) on downpayments for 0% loans on rapidly depreciating toys they can't afford, which they will be upside down on their loans for 10 years, or maybe forever.

yay public education.

at the same time, due to pandemic related shut down, almost every municipality, county, state and certainly the fed gov, has seen tax revenue drop precipitously, while spending skyrockets. the feds alone spent $4.45 TRILLION just last year, and that was before stimulous and riots etc. The point is, every dollar they spend creates inflation. realistically, your dollar today is probably worth half of what it was in 2018, you just don't know it yet.

so, even IF trump gets reelected AND covid disappears AND the race riots stop, it is highly likely we will have a financial reckoning in a year or two. if that leads to Greek style "Austerity" or a Cyprus style "bail in", the civil unrest in this country will be 4 orders of magnitude worse than it is today. And the alternative to that is hyper inflation (far more likely), in which case, again, the civil unrest will be unreal.

the challenge though, is that in either of those situations, it will be venezuelay. everyone will want giant stock piles of guns and ammo, but in reality, they'll will stand in line for 8 hours to sell their gun to buy a bag of rice.
    Last edited by taliv; 07-29-20 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    I think things could still get worse if Trump is reelected. Antifa and BLM will stop hiding the claim that throwing Molotovs and spraying pepper spray counts as "unarmed, peaceful protest" and will probably go for full civil war. Both sides, plus the government, will be buying up everything.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I think things could still get worse if Trump is reelected. Antifa and BLM will stop hiding the claim that throwing Molotovs and spraying pepper spray counts as "unarmed, peaceful protest" and will probably go for full civil war. Both sides, plus the government, will be buying up everything.
    Exactly. It doesn't matter what happens in November. Shortages and high costs will persist for the foreseeable future in my opinion. Buy what you need, when you can. We are now in a "Soviet Style" economy. When you see a line forming on the street- get in it! It may be the only chance you have for the next 3 months to buy steaks, or toilet paper or shoes or lightbulbs or whatever. Sorry, but that's about how it's looking for many consumer items and what is available is all up in price....

I was in the local Sams just yesterday. Good stocks of meat, cheese, peanut butter.....Rice and beans a little low and canned meat pretty much sold out..... There was only one kind of TP and they had maybe 6 packs of it left- that's with limits of 1 case per shopper. Only one kind of dishwashing soap....Same for paper towels. Lysol- Unobtainium. Hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol- Unobtainium.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    So yeah, the painfully obvious, significant shortages of ammo (.22lr, 9mm, .45 acp, .223/5.56) and popular gun models are nationwide. Not surprised by that completely, but surprised how bad it is already. I don't shop a ton the last year or two because I am pretty well stocked. Was looking around this week for some .22lr and was pretty stunned at the state of things.

A few articles discussing the nationwide supply situation:

In addition to that:
    1. Two LGS that I work with in WA state say that due to COVID-19, there's been a disruption in supply of both new firearms, and ammo. In some cases because OEM factories shut down. They cannot get any of the most popular calibers, and models. For instance try to get a G19 Gen5, or a case 5.56 or 9mm any brand: forget it.
    2. Beyond the local scene, I went to several of my favorite online stores for firearms and ammunition. Out of EVERYthing in the popular models and calibers, and slim pickings in calibers that I use that are less popular, such as 6.5 Grendel.

Speculation about what's driving those trends, in order of importance:
    1. COVID-19 related disruptions in supply.
    2. Increased buying due to social unrest.
    3. Early ramp-up buying anticipating left-wing election victories resulting in further gun control legislation.

Any other factors? Is it gonna' get better within 12 months *if* Trump is re-elected, or do we expect the supply situation continues indefinitely due to the OTHER factors we're facing, items 1 and 2 above?
    I ordered my G19 Gen 5 MOS last Thursday and it will arrive at my dealer tomorrow (delay was due to sending an updated FFL copy).

But getting 300BLK supers? Yeah, I just can't.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    If President Trump is re-elected and there is a civil war, we will be on the right side of it. If Biden wins, we are traitors and alt-right bigots.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I ordered my G19 Gen 5 MOS last Thursday and it will arrive at my dealer tomorrow (delay was due to sending an updated FFL copy).

But getting 300BLK supers? Yeah, I just can't.
    Two weeks ago I bought a Glock 21SF regular label and a Glock 19M Blue Label (using my DD214 for Glock's one-time Blue Label offer this year). Both were in stock. Just had to call and drive about 40 minutes, no biggie.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    IF trump is re-elected, it will go back to the way things were last year, cheap and widely available guns and ammo.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that 1/3rd of renters didn't pay their rent on time last month. boats, RVs, campers, motorcycles and the like sales are through the roof. I've heard some RV retailers claim sales are up 600%. heard a boat retailer say they sold their entire stock. BMW had a record quarter last year. (i'm trying to buy a gsa and there aren't many in stock)

My point is that our society is chock full of idiots who having just experienced pandemics and riots and shortages of everything from toilet paper to beef have decided in their wisdom to en masse a) stop paying their rent, b) stay home and collect unemployment instead of working, c) spend their gov freebies and handouts (aka stimulus) on downpayments for 0% loans on rapidly depreciating toys they can't afford, which they will be upside down on their loans for 10 years, or maybe forever.

yay public education.

at the same time, due to pandemic related shut down, almost every municipality, county, state and certainly the fed gov, has seen tax revenue drop precipitously, while spending skyrockets. the feds alone spent $4.45 TRILLION just last year, and that was before stimulous and riots etc. The point is, every dollar they spend creates inflation. realistically, your dollar today is probably worth half of what it was in 2018, you just don't know it yet.

so, even IF trump gets reelected AND covid disappears AND the race riots stop, it is highly likely we will have a financial reckoning in a year or two. if that leads to Greek style "Austerity" or a Cyprus style "bail in", the civil unrest in this country will be 4 orders of magnitude worse than it is today. And the alternative to that is hyper inflation (far more likely), in which case, again, the civil unrest will be unreal.

the challenge though, is that in either of those situations, it will be venezuelay. everyone will want giant stock piles of guns and ammo, but in reality, they'll will stand in line for 8 hours to sell their gun to buy a bag of rice.
    Damn that was fire. A lot of people need to read that a time or two.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post

HOWEVER, keep in mind that 1/3rd of renters didn't pay their rent on time last month. boats, RVs, campers, motorcycles and the like sales are through the roof. I've heard some RV retailers claim sales are up 600%. heard a boat retailer say they sold their entire stock. BMW had a record quarter last year. (i'm trying to buy a gsa and there aren't many in stock)

yay public education.

Very Interesting and insightful. Well said.

Vic, we were 1 minute apart.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    If President Trump is re-elected and there is a civil war, we will be on the right side of it. If Biden wins, we are traitors and alt-right bigots.

Andy
    Yet we will be well-armed traitors and bigots!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast