Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms ramping up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    IWI as of now, I don't know what they have available.

Over night we will be looking at what is available and at what price. We are going to look at all our sources.

We want ammo in the hands of the people if we can help
    I'd be interested in a case of 5.56 if the price is right.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    AmmoSeek shows a fair bit of 193 (ish) ammo available, but prices start around $0.50 per round. That's a tough pill for me to swallow.

Andy

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    You could always try to gouge the M4C community at a time like this...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...77#post2868277

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    You could always try to gouge the M4C community at a time like this...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...77#post2868277
    I saw that earlier this evening and laughed. $675.00 for a stripped lower?!?!?!? That's just ludicrous!
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am a little frustrated with the shortages.

I cleaned out some stuff late last year I hadn't used for some time and was slacking at getting around to getting some new items I'd been wanting and then it was Christmas and New Years and then I had baby twins and then Covid hit and I just missed the boat for a few things I want.

Timing sucks sometimes. Such is life.

Not hurting by any means, but I had some plans for a few things I wanted and now I will just have to wait to see what happens.

I'm not gonna be paying these insane prices for anything, as I don't need it, just want it.

I'll be saving and biding my time, hopefully things can normalize again and we see good prices in the near future. Not holding my breathe though!

I think the salad days are pretty much over and we won't see things get cheap or even reasonable for some time to come.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Locally, we have lines to get into Sams and Walmart based on allowable numbers in store. Not always, but semi regularly.

The only reason people know what the lines are for is because frequently there are dry erase boards at the head of the lines that say OUT OF STOCK ITEMS: X,Y, Z ETC....SO, if you want those specific items, dont bother....Its the reverse of the Soviet System---but limited nonetheless......
    That's a line formed based on limited occupancy not because people are in line not knowing what was brought in and hoping to buy it anyway. Maybe it's children's gloves, maybe it's pencils either way we'll wait in line to buy it

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yoni if you can pull this off and bring some in for a reasonable price, that would be amazing. I really like my IWI ammo.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    SGAmmo and MidwayUSA are the only(? or at least first) two IWI/IMI ammo sellers off the top of my head, check them out for competitive pricing.
    Widener's also.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    IF biden is elected, guns and ammo will double or triple in price
    IF trump is re-elected, it will go back to the way things were last year, cheap and widely available guns and ammo.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that 1/3rd of renters didn't pay their rent on time last month. boats, RVs, campers, motorcycles and the like sales are through the roof. I've heard some RV retailers claim sales are up 600%. heard a boat retailer say they sold their entire stock. BMW had a record quarter last EDIT ending in june. (i'm trying to buy a gsa and there aren't many in stock)

My point is that our society is chock full of idiots who having just experienced pandemics and riots and shortages of everything from toilet paper to beef have decided in their wisdom to en masse a) stop paying their rent, b) stay home and collect unemployment instead of working, c) spend their gov freebies and handouts (aka stimulus) on downpayments for 0% loans on rapidly depreciating toys they can't afford, which they will be upside down on their loans for 10 years, or maybe forever.

yay public education.

at the same time, due to pandemic related shut down, almost every municipality, county, state and certainly the fed gov, has seen tax revenue drop precipitously, while spending skyrockets. the feds alone spent $4.45 TRILLION just last year, and that was before stimulous and riots etc. The point is, every dollar they spend creates inflation. realistically, your dollar today is probably worth half of what it was in 2018, you just don't know it yet.

so, even IF trump gets reelected AND covid disappears AND the race riots stop, it is highly likely we will have a financial reckoning in a year or two. if that leads to Greek style "Austerity" or a Cyprus style "bail in", the civil unrest in this country will be 4 orders of magnitude worse than it is today. And the alternative to that is hyper inflation (far more likely), in which case, again, the civil unrest will be unreal.

the challenge though, is that in either of those situations, it will be venezuelay. everyone will want giant stock piles of guns and ammo, but in reality, they'll will stand in line for 8 hours to sell their gun to buy a bag of rice.
    This is where you are partially wrong. Some might in the beginning, but when the sh*t hits the fan, all those guns and ammo will be used to take those bags of rice from people/stockpiles by force and kill whoever tries to stop them because when it comes down to it, we are the same humans we were 10,000 years ago. We all will protect and provide for our "family" and ourselves and will have zero f*cks about going straight medieval on other people if it comes down to it. The few who don't will be dead in short order.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would be in for some 193 also.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast