Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce NX8 1-8 Scope

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I would also like to suggest, anyone who is active/retired military or law enforcement, reach out to NF for their MIL/LE program. They are great people to deal with!
    +1000 here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Its all in what you want. I don't think it's overkill, but it depends on you and your situation. I would love a NX8 on my new ADM AR-10. I think a 1-8 would be perfect for a 16" barrel 308, but I also live in Wisconsin, where due to hills and trees, anything longer then 500yds is quite a ways for me. If I lived out west, it might be different.

Around here it’s probably 200yd max in most areas. Although my desire is target ID, not long range steel.

90% of why I’m looking at the NX8 is form factor and weight.

Feedback Score
    Comparing this to my 2.5-10 and 1-4 NF scopes, this 1-8 is definitely more “Finicky”.

I’ll get more time on it when my mount gets here.

I would also like to suggest, anyone who is active/retired military or law enforcement, reach out to NF for their MIL/LE program. They are great people to deal with! It’s a shameless plug for NF as I get nothing in return for it.
    I'm also part of the program; however, the NX8 1-8 with capped elevation was restricted to only active mil/leo. Has that changed to be open to veterans now or is it still restricted? Having a non capped elevation turret was the only thing keeping me from buying the NX8 and getting a Razor 1-6 instead.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I assume there has been a change because I was authorized to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    I'm also part of the program; however, the NX8 1-8 with capped elevation was restricted to only active mil/leo. Has that changed to be open to veterans now or is it still restricted? Having a non capped elevation turret was the only thing keeping me from buying the NX8 and getting a Razor 1-6 instead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I assume there has been a change because I was authorized to order one.
    Capped version is available to civilian now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I didn’t say that; capped version is available through their mil/LE program.

Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    Capped version is available to civilian now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Has anyone yet had a chance to compare/contrast the Nightforce NX8 1-8 to the Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Has anyone yet had a chance to compare/contrast the Nightforce NX8 1-8 to the Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10? Thanks.
    Entirely different class of optic. ATACR 1x8 would be a more relevant comparison to the Vortex 1x10 IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Entirely different class of optic. ATACR 1x8 would be a more relevant comparison to the Vortex 1x10 IMO.
    True that they are different classes; however, if I was going to spend ATACR money I'd just get another Razor 1-10. I am interested in picking up an NX8 due to its lightweight, short profile, lower cost, and being ffp. I don't expect it to be a direct competitor to the Razor 1-10, but it would be nice to see the comparison.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    True that they are different classes; however, if I was going to spend ATACR money I'd just get another Razor 1-10. I am interested in picking up an NX8 due to its lightweight, short profile, lower cost, and being ffp. I don't expect it to be a direct competitor to the Razor 1-10, but it would be nice to see the comparison.
    That's what I'd be interested in seeing, for the same reasons.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast