Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Nightforce NX8 1-8 Received Scope

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcopm4 View Post
    I usually use ADM mounts that have a thread loc like loctite on the threads. I torque then silver paint the position so I know if it moves
    Vibratite. A bit different than locktite, it seems to gum the threads up to reduce the risk of them backing out due to vibrations - not hard to undo them but they don't move on their own. I typically use this instead of locktite for optic mounts, just a drop then slightly under-torque the spec to make up for the liquid. Zero issues. I also paint pen things to be able to visually see if they are backing out at all.

There comes a point we are measuring with a micrometer and cutting with a chainsaw.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Good to know about the loctite...thanks fellas.

Feedback Score
    74 (100%)
    I had some time at the range with this scope. Some small things I don’t like; 8x I found the eye box to be tight when in the prone, not too bad off the bench, and okay while standing. I’m still messing with the diopter a little here and there. I’m trying to find a comfortable medium. I did notice some kind of double reticle on 1x with the illumination on. It was at setting 4 when I noticed it. At setting 3 it was fine.

I had no problems getting solid hits at 100 with the scope. I went into this knowing this isn’t a “precision” oriented scope.

PPU M193, IMI M193, and BH 77 grain 5.56 were used for shooting. I don’t think my rifle likes the IMI. The shots outside of center were from the last 20 rounds for the day which was the IMI. The PPU and BH ammo did okay.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011