Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce NX8 1-8 Scope

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcopm4 View Post
    I have my NX8 on my 10.5” SBR. I don’t think there a smaller 1-8 on the market
    But, do you like it as a functioning scope?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Question for you all.......

Do you guys use loctite on your scope mounts or just go with manufacturer specs for torque?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a Borka to torque, but lately have just been doing it by feel with a MAC screw handle. Just x pattern and tighten incrementally. No locktite needed IMO.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    So far I’ve only torqued with the Wheeler wrench but I may go back and loctite since it’s always been in the back of my mind. I haven’t seen any shift as of yet though.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Question for you all.......

Do you guys use loctite on your scope mounts or just go with manufacturer specs for torque?
    Don't, loctite lubricates the threads leading to incorrect readings on your wrench. You'll end up over torqueing the screws and possibly damaging the scope body.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’ve never used loctite on any scope mount, however doing some reading I see where quite a few people say they use loctite.

Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    I have a Borka to torque, but lately have just been doing it by feel with a MAC screw handle. Just x pattern and tighten incrementally. No locktite needed IMO.
    I use the Wheeler fat wrench myself. I will be springing for the NF tools in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    So far I’ve only torqued with the Wheeler wrench but I may go back and loctite since it’s always been in the back of my mind. I haven’t seen any shift as of yet though.
    Thank you sir! I did go with the NF specs, 25 Inch pounds for the ring caps and 65 inch pounds for the cross bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Don't, loctite lubricates the threads leading to incorrect readings on your wrench. You'll end up over torqueing the screws and possibly damaging the scope body.
    Last edited by davidjinks; 11-01-20 at 20:19. Reason: SPELLING AND AUTOCORRECT!!!!

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I usually use ADM mounts that have a thread loc like loctite on the threads. I torque then silver paint the position so I know if it moves

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I will be springing for the NF tools in the future..and 65 inch pounds for the cross bolts.
    Kit code: PTL0065K1
    In stock: Yes
    Price: $37.00

I use this Borka 65 inch-lbs torque limiter for the cross bolts, when I ordered it I asked for a 1/2" socket. I use this a lot.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Kit code: PTL0065K1
    In stock: Yes
    Price: $37.00

I use this Borka 65 inch-lbs torque limiter for the cross bolts, when I ordered it I asked for a 1/2" socket. I use this a lot.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    https://geissele.com/amfile/file/dow...f/product/485/

6. After a final check of reticle alignment and eye relief, the scope caps can be tightened to their final torqued value. The four screws which hold the cap together should be tightened in an ‘X’ pattern. Take care to make sure the gaps on either side are kept even (FIGURE 3). The screws can be torqued tight using a T15 star hex key screwdriver. Alternately, if the user would like to use a torque wrench, the final torque value should be 15-18 inch-pounds (Figure 4).

NOTE:It is not recommended to use thread locker (Loctite) on the cap screws. We have found that they will remain in place and stay tightened during use. However, if thread locker is used, it can only be Loctite 222 Purple. Do Not Use Blue or Red versions.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast