Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce NX8 1-8 Scope

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Nightforce NX8 1-8 Scope

I signed up for Nightforce’s Mil/LE program. I was able to order my NXS 1-8x24 with capped turrets. I got it in 2 days ago. Now just waiting on the A496 mount from Nightforce.

So far, I’m liking the scope. Slight fish eye but I haven’t gotten to adjust the diopter properly. Nuclear bright illumination. Solid clicks, throw lever is an awesome touch with smooth transition from 1-8. This is my first FFP scope so I’ll need some time to adjust.

Again, the scope isn’t mounted yet so this is not a fair assessment, but the eye box is very tight. I’ll report more as soon as I get it mounted and to the range.

Sorry about the pics, can’t figure out uploading them form the site here.

6075A59D-0663-47FF-98B9-DD13A62E3701.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by davidjinks; 12-20-20 at 19:24. Reason: Horrible grammar and spelling!

Feedback Score
    Do you prioritize 1x performance over higher magnification?
    Does it matter to you if the reticle is mostly dependent on illumination to be used rapidly?
    Does weight matter?

Both are durable and daylight bright.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    70-30 for 1X versus 6/8X

It does not matter in regards to illumination dependence. Ideally I would want a reticle that can be used with and without illumination, especially when a light is used.

Not a real concern on weight. I’d be comfortable with 25-28 oz. with mount.

Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Do you prioritize 1x performance over higher magnification?
    Does it matter to you if the reticle is mostly dependent on illumination to be used rapidly?
    Does weight matter?

Both are durable and daylight bright.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The footprint of the NF NX8 is awesome.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    70-30 for 1X versus 6/8X

It does not matter in regards to illumination dependence. Ideally I would want a reticle that can be used with and without illumination, especially when a light is used.

Not a real concern on weight. I’d be comfortable with 25-28 oz. with mount.
    Both are very usable on 1X, though the Razor has that "heads up display" field of view and narrow outer ring that the NX8 can't match. It's pretty amazing honestly, even after all these years. Some folks don't care, though, and find the NX8 faster regardless because the reticle draws your eye a little more naturally to the center, especially without illumination. The size and weight of the NX8 are pretty impressive. Eyebox is a little tight at 8x.

I don't think you can go wrong with either; however, with your stated preferences, I think you'd appreciate the Razor more.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Tagged. Saving for one of these two.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Both of these optics were on the table when I was shopping but I ultimately went with a Kahles K16i and after using them all believe I made the right choice for me.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I’d go Razor 1-6x. If I was considering the NF I’d skip that and jump all the way to the Vortex 1-10x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I’d go Razor 1-6x. If I was considering the NF I’d skip that and jump all the way to the Vortex 1-10x.

Not a bad plan, just not obtainable for god only knows how long.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I was just looking at a Vortex 1-10 MRAD.

My only real concern with Vortex is the quality and durability. I can deal with eye relief/box and illumination. I get that it’s a LPVO and not an RDS. I would rather spend the coin on a known “good” rather than a “maybe”. That’s not a knock on Vortex, I don’t have experience with them, but I’ve also read some not positive reviews of them in regards quality and/or crapping the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast