Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Nightforce NX8 1-8 Scope

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Not to be obtuse here...strap wrench applied to the diopter ring and not the ocular eye piece correct?

Another question...is this a common occurrence with the 1-8 scope? I’ve not ever experienced this with any other NF scope.

Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Try a strap wrench. I know what you are talking about.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Strap wrench on the ring yes and maybe a jar type grip pad on the ocular. Short of putting wrenches on them what else can you do...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My first tightened / locked easily.

My second was a little more of a pain but I was able to lock it by hand after some effort.

It also helps if you mark the diopter setting with paint pen - I mark both rings to line up with the 1x marking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I was under the impression this was a discussion forum where people could ask questions and gain insights from participants, if it is not, perhaps it should just shut down and refer everyone to YouTube.

My specific question remains:

Has anyone here done a comparison specifically between the NX8 and the RAZOR HD GEN III 1-10, or, for that matter a specific comparison between the ATACR and the RAZOR III, etc.
    I'm way late and behind but see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcRPwKE1msg

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenderAO View Post
    I'm way late and behind but see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcRPwKE1msg
    Creeper crotch-zooming.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Creeper crotch-zooming.
    Agreed, and those two scopes are not in the same class really. The Vortex 1x10 competes most directly with the ATACR 1x8.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenderAO View Post
    MikeF might have been retired...

Feedback Score
    Glad I found this thread. I bought a BCM 14.5 ELW upper with a pinned and welded BCM comp. I already own 2 NF scopes so this should be a no brainer for my first LVPO. Brownells has the NX8 1-8x for $1750 with a no name mount included. A bit leery on the no name mount. The NX8 will stay on this upper and generally be used out to 400 yards. Also looking at the Primary Arms 1-8 platinum and the Trijicon credo. The PA won’t be available until may per the website. Still more research to do but the NF is looking good. Not willing to pay for the ATACR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Glad I found this thread. I bought a BCM 14.5 ELW upper with a pinned and welded BCM comp. I already own 2 NF scopes so this should be a no brainer for my first LVPO. Brownells has the NX8 1-8x for $1750 with a no name mount included. A bit leery on the no name mount. The NX8 will stay on this upper and generally be used out to 400 yards. Also looking at the Primary Arms 1-8 platinum and the Trijicon credo. The PA won’t be available until may per the website. Still more research to do but the NF is looking good. Not willing to pay for the ATACR.
    The advantage of the NF is the weight/size. Pairing that with an ELW upper seems like a good fit. I've been thinking of the same thing, but keep debating between the NX8 and the Razor ii-e

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I just switched from a Razor 1-6 II-E to an NX8. The reason I am happy with the switch, and intend to keep the NX8, is the size and weight. This particular rifle is a 14.5 BCM ELW, so the rifle is pretty compact and lightweight.

The Razor is more generous in the eye box, but it is noticeably bulkier on this particular rifle.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast