Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: So will Teachers strike ?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    My wife and i have been homeschooling all along. Part of it was because I was working swing shifts, and also because we did not want the liberal indoctrination.

People i know used to mock us for homeschooling, now they are begging us for help and i cant help but find it laughable

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    My wife and i have been homeschooling all along. Part of it was because I was working swing shifts, and also because we did not want the liberal indoctrination.

People i know used to mock us for homeschooling, now they are begging us for help and i cant help but find it laughable

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Just don't laugh AT them. I tell my wife this is the perfect storm, the perfect opportunity, to welcome people into the homeschooling family. We welcome them the right way, they will (homeschool) forever. If we treat them contemptuously, we'll turn them away.

But I agree...I think to myself, "oh, now you want my opinion...."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Which is why you have some states trying to outlaw the practice all together.

2020 is the year we learned teachers are in fact non-essential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Which is why you have some states trying to outlaw the practice all together.

2020 is the year we learned teachers are in fact non-essential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The main reason many in my church moved to Idaho is because it's probably the most hands off state for homeschooling. Even though California is pretty left, they left us pretty much alone.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Another thing you'll start seeing is teaching co-ops. Families in the same neighborhood banding together and having one parent home-school for 3-5 families, possibly even swapping off duties from time to time. That will still allow most to have 2 parents working to cover costs. Everyone doing this should not have to pay school taxes.

When school districts start loosing more than a few dollars here and there, the monolith might eventually move.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I think I might start a home school course for kids.

They will learn some actual, sometimes inconvenient history. Supported science. Math. And just about everything you ever wanted to know about ninja. I will also spend an entire hour devoted to independent and critical thinking skills.

I think there is a lot of money out there just waiting for me.
    Are the H&K worship services optional at your home school?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    The main reason many in my church moved to Idaho is because it's probably the most hands off state for homeschooling. Even though California is pretty left, they left us pretty much alone.
    North Carolina is also pretty homeschool-friendly; of course, all it takes is a few state legislators to retire and some pro-public school/anti-HS take their place, and it could change. This could happen. NC is purple, with the urban areas getting more liberal by the day. We have 10 years to get our youngest out, we see it as a race with the state. But the existing HS regulations are pretty friendly.

Feedback Score
    We have home schooled our daughter the last two years. She is about to be in the 7th grade and are staying with it but moving to Liberty University Online home school this coming school year. It is still self paced, but a little more structured and once in high school they offer a ton of dual credits. We will continue to teach extra history, Spanish, and music lessons on top of Liberty.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    We have home schooled our daughter the last two years. She is about to be in the 7th grade and are staying with it but moving to Liberty University Online home school this coming school year. It is still self paced, but a little more structured and once in high school they offer a ton of dual credits. We will continue to teach extra history, Spanish, and music lessons on top of Liberty.
    Great idea. We did this with our son starting when he was 15. After two semesters he took the ACT and did well enough to go anywhere, so we graduated him early, now he's taking classes online at the community college and will transfer to Duke or somewhere else.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Another thing you'll start seeing is teaching co-ops. Families in the same neighborhood banding together and having one parent home-school for 3-5 families, possibly even swapping off duties from time to time. That will still allow most to have 2 parents working to cover costs. Everyone doing this should not have to pay school taxes.

When school districts start loosing more than a few dollars here and there, the monolith might eventually move.
    That will never happen.

If anything you will be hit with an extra tax for the priviledge of being allowed to home school.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast