Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question re: Colt return to civilian sales and available models

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I don't know about that. A railed 6520 was long requested and was a common conversion before the 6720. The 6720 when offered in (2008?) sold well. I had one of the first, and several more since. As they crept into inventories the weight savings was immediately noticed and appreciated.

That said, 13-15" free float rails are the future. I'd buy 6960s over 6920s, with a (6760?) LW midlength preferred.
    The 6960 is a LW Mid configuration I thought.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That said, 13-15" free float rails are the future. I'd buy 6960s over 6920s, with a (6760?) LW midlength preferred.
    Is there a thread that concisely explains this? I am not a midget and a 12" rail feels long enough.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    They would be insane to not offer the 6960.

Perhaps it was a niche market, but I see options that actually fit within today’s market as:
    6960 CCU,
    6921 SOCOM pinned from factory,
    6720-OEM2 (one can hope)

If asking about parts, the barrels to the above rifles would be hot sellers, as would complete uppers. Then BCG.

I left off the obvious 6933, which might do better than a 6720-OEM2.
    They did, it was called the AR6720CK-NHG. Some had fixed FSB's, others had shaved FSB's like the 6920 OEM-2. Kind of wish I had bought one.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I don't know about that. A railed 6520 was long requested and was a common conversion before the 6720. The 6720 when offered in (2008?) sold well. I had one of the first, and several more since. As they crept into inventories the weight savings was immediately noticed and appreciated.

Actually the 6960 has a LW midlength barrel.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    The 6960 is a LW Mid configuration I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Actually the 6960 has a LW midlength barrel.
    Well doggone it, what am I thinking of then...

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Is there a thread that concisely explains this? I am not a midget and a 12" rail feels long enough.
    Okay, 12-15".

Today's not my day apparently.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Okay, 12-15".

Today's not my day apparently.
    No, I didn't mean it that way. I am just getting back into shooting and I see really long hand guards are popular now. Is it just an appearance thing or do people of average stature find value in a 14" or 15" free float tube?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    They did, it was called the AR6720CK-NHG. Some had fixed FSB's, others had shaved FSB's like the 6920 OEM-2. Kind of wish I had bought one.
    Well akshually... I purchased one of those. The killer was that unlike the 6920-OEM2 I picked up immediately after, the AR6720 upper’s fronts sight was more “chopped” than shaved. It was not contoured at all, so unless planning to contour yourself, handguard selection was very limited. I had a Troy SOCC that would not fit, but I later put on a 6920-OEM2.

That leads to the handguard length... the 12-12.5” length is right about perfect for me. Pushes any rail mounted front sight and flashlight just forward of the furthest out I would place a hand. I might feel differently if I actually shot for a living and expected to use it against barricades, etc.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I wear 34" sleeves and have found that the 12 or 13 inch rails are perfect for me. I've never liked the added weight or length of the 15" rails, and never needed it for the accessories I usually have on my carbines. Over the years I have had 11 inchers but with lights, slings, and hand stops they could get a bit cramped, so went to the 12-13 inchers years ago.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    On a side note, one of my local gun stores has a couple of new 6920s on the shelf. They had Magpul buis, and were priced around $1169.00 or so. It was good to see new Colts on the shelf, and I’m debating squirreling one of them away. Not sure if I should wait for prices to come down a bit or not....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    On a side note, one of my local gun stores has a couple of new 6920s on the shelf. They had Magpul buis, and were priced around $1169.00 or so. It was good to see new Colts on the shelf, and I’m debating squirreling one of them away. Not sure if I should wait for prices to come down a bit or not....
    We were in Phoenix last week visiting a friend of ours from M4carbine.net. Stopped in at a local 01 I know, and a friend working there shows me a 6920 that just come in. Ordinary handguards, USGI waffle stock, Magpul rear sight: $1200 NIB.

24 hours later it was gone.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast