Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Want opinions: 14.5 BCM vs 13.9 Criterion

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Other questions:
    -Would you trust a geissele SSA or SD-C in a duty gun or is a milspec trigger a better way to go?
    Absolutely would trust either of those G triggers.

Feedback Score
    Mercs, Criterion Barrels only uses steel sourced from American mills. We also quarantine each batch of steel we receive and have it tested by an independent lab for purity prior to using it in production. Only after it is proven to meet our stringent purity requirement does it get released for production. Not sure what birdies you are speaking to but you should sight your sources... We are 100% American made and manufactured in Germantown Wisconsin.

Feedback Score
    Mercs, Criterion Barrels only uses steel sourced from American mills. We also quarantine each batch of steel we receive and have it tested by an independent lab for purity prior to using it in production. Only after it is proven to meet our stringent purity requirement does it get released for production. Not sure what birdies you are speaking to but you should sight your sources... We are 100% American made and manufactured in Germantown Wisconsin.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    Be careful with buying new manufactured barrels now, a little birdy told me that due to to strain on inventory, inferior blanks are coming in from an unnamed foreign country now to fill orders. Look into it more yourself, but I’m being told to stick with only certain high end barrels for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you said was slanderous. You should APOLOGISE immediately.
    Any further info you provide here on this forum will not be seriously considered by me.
    And YES..I emailed Mike this thread & your comment.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 07-31-20 at 13:59.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Want opinions: 14.5 BCM vs 13.9 Criterion

Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    I don’t know if I will be doing that, but you could also start looking into yourself. Maybe start by asking someone like Criterion if their using 100% US steel right now?

Uh, no.

You don’t come on this forum and spread bullshit like that without backing up your claim.

Either provide evidence, or retract your statement.

Shit like this devalues and undermines the ethos of this forum.

Try again.
    Last edited by scooter22; 07-31-20 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CriterionBarrels View Post
    Thanks, that’s awesome of you to clarify. At least we have one decent American company publicly vowing to never use foreign steel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    What you said was slanderous. You should APOLOGISE immediately.
    Any further info you provide here on this forum will not be seriously considered by me.
    And YES..I emailed Mike this thread & your comment.
    Slanderous? Maybe you should go back and read very slowly what I wrote. I guess free speech really is dead, not just on liberal platforms huh?

Feedback Score

Want opinions: 14.5 BCM vs 13.9 Criterion

Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Uh, no.

You don’t come on this forum and spread bullshit like that without backing up your claim.

Either provide evidence, or retract your statement.

Shit like this devalues and undermines the ethos of this forum.

Try again.
    I really don’t need to back up anything, and I’m not a news reporter breaking some sort of headline for you. I’m just merely relating information and saying to be careful, and do your own research. Now I’ll be kicked out of the forum and my posts deleted, while a bunch of adults get worked up into a frenzy like a bunch of children over a “helpful” posts that I made in earnest... Really disappointing but hey, that’s where we are as a country now

Last edited by Mercs; 07-31-20 at 14:45.

Feedback Score
    Mercs, no need to apologize, I am not that sensitive. I appreciate and respect free speech but was simply clarifying an insinuation you made about Criterion sourcing materials from anywhere other than American sources which is simply inaccurate. We only use American steel from American mills and our barrels are made in America by American craftsmen who have spent their entire lives refining the art of barrel making. You are on the right track to question where materials are sourced from. Some manufacturers might compromise their reputations by using materials from questionable sources. We do not. Our quality is our reputation and we would rather not produce any barrels than send something out with our name on it that isn't to our standards. We take a great deal of pride in our craft as it is our life's work. If you have any questions about our products or our materials feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email at contact@criterionbarrels.com.
    Last edited by CriterionBarrels; 07-31-20 at 15:00.

Feedback Score
    Saying something unsubstantiated is like me saying, “A little birdie told me you can get Corona virus by simply saying hello to an infected person. So be careful out there and wear your masks.”

Without sources it’s a pointless post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast