Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALG Defense?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I use and recommend their ACT trigger and EMR rails on my budget builds. They're GTG.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've used a lot of ALG EMR's on builds. They are quality for the dollar, a great value.

Since the OP linked to a BCG, I have to mention that I think it, and many others, is over-priced. The 9310 bolt is not the mil-spec, and that is a concern for many. I'm sure it is a good product, I just don't think it is a great value.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    QMS or ACT is the first thing I put on any AR I own or put together.

Buy with confidence

For the person asking for one in stock:

https://www.riflegear.com/p-1591-alg...c-trigger.aspx

I'd call first though.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Their sling swivels are excellent and often overlooked it seems.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I assume the quality of the BCG is as good as their other parts. For what it is worth, the bolt is 9130 not Carpenter 158.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Anyone have any feedback positive or negative on this particular company? They came up on an Internet search:

https://algdefense.com/bolt-carrier-...phosphate.html
    I have this BCG in Nitride, It works well. Maybe 500rds on it. I replaced a toolcraft with it, boringly reliable so far, which is how it should be.

Edit: I think I picked up the BCG at Rainier or Primary Arms on sale for $109.99. That price seems high, I would go with a centurion for $125 if you want a great brand with a great price.
    https://www.centurionarms.com/bolt-c...oup-s/1836.htm
    Last edited by Hank6046; 07-31-20 at 14:39. Reason: Pricing
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    QMS or ACT is the first thing I put on any AR I own or put together.

Buy with confidence

For the person asking for one in stock:

https://www.riflegear.com/p-1591-alg...c-trigger.aspx

I'd call first though.
    I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ve seen some garbage ALG triggers recently. More specifically the QMS, so watch out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ve seen some garbage ALG triggers recently. More specifically the QMS, so watch out.
    I had a couple of QMS’s when they first came out. Were great.

Ordered 5 about a year and a half ago and they were garbage. Just like any other low price stock trigger.

FWIW, I have felt MANY Colt stock triggers and they’re consistently as good as a stock trigger can be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @orbitale and @17k, and anyone else applicable...

I've had half a dozen QMS triggers come on assembled Geisseles in the last ~60 days. They are cleaner and crisper than mil, but I think the ACT has an edge on them. Can you detail your perceptions that they are "garbage", by metric or as compared to what, in a way we can all understand?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    @orbitale and @17k, and anyone else applicable...

I've had half a dozen QMS triggers come on assembled Geisseles in the last ~60 days. They are cleaner and crisper than mil, but I think the ACT has an edge on them. Can you detail your perceptions that they are "garbage", by metric or as compared to what, in a way we can all understand?
    Inconsistent reset, personally, is what I have witnessed on multiple triggers within the same time period. To the point of failure - click instead of bang.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast