Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALG Defense?

Feedback Score
    This was good info being ALG a related company to Geissele. I have an ALG spring for my AK47 and had never heard of the company before and just figured, it being an AK47, all the brands and sources were going to be different from the AR15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    Inconsistent reset, personally, is what I have witnessed on multiple triggers within the same time period. To the point of failure - click instead of bang.
    Confirming...
    QMS trigger, correct?
    And what was ALGs response to your feedback or service request?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    This was good info being ALG a related company to Geissele. I have an ALG spring for my AK47 and had never heard of the company before and just figured, it being an AK47, all the brands and sources were going to be different from the AR15.
    I'm 90% sure that ALG primarily exists as a "Woman Owned" Geissele Automatics for government contracting purposes.

Anyone ever see Amy Lynn Geissele introduce an ALG product?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Confirming...
    QMS trigger, correct?
    And what was ALGs response to your feedback or service request?
    Yes, QMS. Service request...? Are you joking? These were commercial products, I don’t know what was done to remediate the issue, but it certainly wasn’t a phone call. They were swapped with QMS triggers from the pile that worked given the immediacy of the resolution.

B016DE15-9928-48D6-BA82-19ACA0060E36.jpeg

Listen, I’ve owned plenty of ALG and have plenty of Geissele, I don’t know what you’re going after.
    Last edited by OrbitalE; 08-03-20 at 23:34.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I'm 90% sure that ALG primarily exists as a "Woman Owned" Geissele Automatics for government contracting purposes.

Anyone ever see Amy Lynn Geissele introduce an ALG product?
    It's possible, but more likely it allowed production of less costly items while Geissele remained a "premium" brand.

Andy

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    It's possible, but more likely it allowed production of less costly items while Geissele remained a "premium" brand.

Andy
    I’m going to bet a combination. They offer entirely different products (more so previously than the last year), including a super duper secret-group-requested 6 Second Mount.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    including a super duper secret-group-requested 6 Second Mount.
    Which might fit the narrative of the minority/woman owned business.

Years ago one of the largest paving contractors in the area set up one of his minority foremen in business as a competing company, apparently just to be a nice guy
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Prepper View Post
    triggers are great
    Never mind. Not my lane.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 08-06-20 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Prepper View Post
    triggers are great
    Good luck selling on the EE after you make enough random posts.

Andy

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    @orbitale and @17k, and anyone else applicable...

I've had half a dozen QMS triggers come on assembled Geisseles in the last ~60 days. They are cleaner and crisper than mil, but I think the ACT has an edge on them. Can you detail your perceptions that they are "garbage", by metric or as compared to what, in a way we can all understand?
    The ones I installed were reliable, just had horrible pull characteristics. Very heavy, gritty, creepy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast