Thread: I need my optics ready Sig 226 slide drilled for RMR / SRO/ Holosun optics?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I need my optics ready Sig 226 slide drilled for RMR / SRO/ Holosun optics?

Does anyone know of a reputable guy that can drill some holes?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had Mark Housel at L & M Precision do my Sig P226 Legion RXP for a Holosun 508T, but I hear that he may have retired recently.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Me too and I heard the same. Amazing he couldn't find someone to take over his business

And Mark was the GOAT IMHO, wish him well.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-06-21 at 21:53.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I had SAS tactical do my mk25 RX slide. LONG turnaround time, but they did good work.

If it is an rxp, I believe you will have a gap as it's footprint is larger. I know c&h makes a plate that fills the space for a p320 and they will also drill the necessary holes, but I don't know if it will work on the 226.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I had SAS tactical do my mk25 RX slide. LONG turnaround time, but they did good work.

If it is an rxp, I believe you will have a gap as it's footprint is larger. I know c&h makes a plate that fills the space for a p320 and they will also drill the necessary holes, but I don't know if it will work on the 226.

Soli Deo Gloria
    I ordered the CHPWS plate after speaking with the owner, and when I received it, it wouldn't fit the 226, so save your money. Yes, there's a gap, which bothers me frankly, as I don't like the idea of just 2 screws being the only thing supporting the optic. But I really prefer the Holosun reticle to the Romeo Pro, so I'm keeping it on for now.

I would love to get a 226 slide direct milled for a 509T, as the optic is enclosed and it seems to me that the mounting interface would be significantly stronger than using screws and bosses to secure the optic.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I agree about the pro. Sas tactical only charged my $50 to drill holes on my rx, but it does not have the gap. I know he said he would do an rxp slide, but you would have a gap.

I have an rxp slide for my 229 legion as I did not want to mill the legion slide, and when you catch a sale on a rxp slide it is almost a no brainer. I am surprised that no one is making a plate to fill the gap on p2xx slides. The c&h idea is a good idea because it still directly screws into the slide.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks guys

Feedback Score
    Still wondering if there is a better solution or someone doing the work.