Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: FSB's in 2020?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've broken rails and rail mounted fixed front sights. They're massively more fragile than a real FSB. As far as weight savings, If I carry a carbine that many hours, all the more reason to have a solid sight that can stand up to punishment.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've broken rails and rail mounted fixed front sights. They're massively more fragile than a real FSB. As far as weight savings, If I carry a carbine that many hours, all the more reason to have a solid sight that can stand up to punishment.
    Didn't you have one that flattened just falling onto your garage floor?

Feedback Score
    My new pistola build has an FSB. Its the most bombproof front sight out there. Think im gonna run a scalarworks rear on it.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    MSG Jared Van Aalst (KIA, RIP) was one of my NCOs, formerly of the 3rd Ranger Battalion, the USAMU, the infantry sniper school, and Delta. He stated there was definitely a shift with the SPR's rail-mounted front sight if you leaned into the bipod for distance shots.
    https://sofrep.com/news/lost-hero-msg-jared-van-aalst/

Everyone will remember him differently, his friends, family, team mates, and everyone else who crossed paths with him in one place or another. I remember him as an expert marksman who brought a sniper’s focus and attention to detail to every task he threw himself at. I remember the guy who had a sense of history and that I could talk about past Rangers and Ranger history with. I remember the dude who made knives and smoked cigars on the range. I also remember a perfectionist and a leader who held you to high standards.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    And then the EMP hit
    And my Acogs and LPVO's continued to work as they always have.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    For a hard use, WW3, Chinese invasion (WOLVERINES!!!), go to war gun, I choose a fixed FSB. I think a perfect setup would be a FSB on a mid length gun.

Feedback Score
    All my guns have either fsb or a pinned block under the rail,never have any issues that way,Js

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For folks who are running an FSB and laser aiming devices, what kind of setup are you using?

I ask because when you're running an FSB, you give up several inches of top rail and the setup can feel a bit tight...

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    For folks who are running an FSB and laser aiming devices, what kind of setup are you using?

I ask because when you're running an FSB, you give up several inches of top rail and the setup can feel a bit tight...

I run a KAC carbine RAS handguard, with a DBAL A3 and Surefire dual switch mounted at the 12 o’clock position. Space is tight, so I use a vertical grip to drive the weapon. I think my next build will use a mid length gas system and a 9” handguard.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 08-07-20 at 14:55.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post

Centurion FSP rails.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast