Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WOA SPR or Wilson Combat Super Sniper barrel

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

WOA SPR or Wilson Combat Super Sniper barrel

Which of these 2 would you go to? 223 wylde chambering. I know Wilson is known for their 1911 pistols but i dont hear much about their rifles. WOA, well it is WOA.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    What is your experience level? I know I could shouldn’t as well as either barrel.

Several members have posted good things about Wilson Combat barrels, but as you said - WOA is WOA. If I wanted to have the better barrel of the two just to have the better barrel, I’d get WOA.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Been shooting long range(950yds) for 20 years or more. The problem I have seen in the last couple of years is the barrels from several companies have turned to crap. I live real close to RRA, LMT, Les Bear, Armalite, Springfield Armory. I know lots of the workers at almost all of the places. And have heard the quality has been going down with these shortages happening. I dont want to buy anymore reject barrels.

The time and $ spent trying to get these to shoot outweighs the cost of the barrel sometimes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went with the WC 18" 223 wylde fluted barrel on the recommendation of someone who uses them enough to shoot out them out.
    It has been back ordered and just came back in stock yesterday, now just waiting the upper to come back in and they'll ship out.

Now to find some decent ammo, which is the real trick these days.
    I have a bunch of 69 gn but want to get some decent 77 to try out.
    If it ain't one thing out of stock it's another these days.

Feedback Score
    I have a 16” Wilson Combat 1:7 barrel in either 223 Wylde or 5.56 (I can’t remember, and its covered by the hand guard). It shoots sub moa at 100 and 200 yards with several factory loads ranging from 40gr Black Hills, to 55gr Hornady Varmint Express, to 62gr Barnes TSX to Black Hills 77gr MK262.

I also have a 16” Wilson Combat barrel in 300blk. I can’t remember specific group sizes, but do remember that I was quite happy with it.

Both of these are on home built guns not their factory built ones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    I went with the WC 18" 223 wylde fluted barrel on the recommendation of someone who uses them enough to shoot out them out.
    It has been back ordered and just came back in stock yesterday, now just waiting the upper to come back in and they'll ship out.

Now to find some decent ammo, which is the real trick these days.
    I have a bunch of 69 gn but want to get some decent 77 to try out.
    If it ain't one thing out of stock it's another these days.
    Here are a few leads on 77gr ammo. Barnes, Berger, Hornady, Nosler, IMI.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...categoryId/103

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2090124928?pid=546028

Feedback Score
    Of those two, I would lean toward White Oaks but Wilson doesn’t put out crap and stands behind their stuff.
    I would also look at Compass lake. They have Bartlein, Douglas and Krieger.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Of those two, I would lean toward White Oaks but Wilson doesn’t put out crap and stands behind their stuff.
    I would also look at Compass lake. They have Bartlein, Douglas and Krieger.
    Both Compass Lake and White Oak have long, notable history of performance at Camp Perry and with the military.

Wilson got his name hot-rodding 1911s, Berettas, and now SIGs. A long record with high-end pistols, but I'm not sure what he might claim for long guns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would go WOA based on what I've read here and other sources.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If these are the only options, then I'd choose WOA without reservation.

I'd personally look really hard at a Compass Lake SPR/MK12 Krieger. or Douglas.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast