Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grey Ghost Precision Handguards

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Grey Ghost Precision Handguards

Here is the listing on their site:

https://greyghostprecision.com/ggp-ar-15-handguard/

Is anyone on here running one? If so, how heavy/light duty is it? Are the larger cut outs at 2 and 10 o'clock big enough to get a finger stuck in one?

I am looking for feedback on these handguards. I am not looking for handguard recommendations.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Why are you attracted to this handguard?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I am not looking for handguard recommendations.
    Well you're gonna get em! Plus you don't what a Ghost gun in the Biden era!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Well you're gonna get em! Plus you don't what a Ghost gun in the Biden era!
    Yea.. I had to bite my tongue and not tell him I am a BCM whore.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by scooter22; 04-11-22 at 19:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I am looking for feedback on these handguards.

My feedback is this, if you get your fingers stuck in those holes, you probably shouldn't be operating a firearm. I'm not sure how you hold a rail, but no one I know of could get their fingers stuck in them. No, I don't personally own this rail, but I have owned two GGP guns prior and they are top quality. I've also drank whiskey at the owners house while we talked about guns and gun parts, and he is more than a little knowledgeable, both in design and in real world usage.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    My feedback is this, if you get your fingers stuck in those holes, you probably shouldn't be operating a firearm. I'm not sure how you hold a rail, but no one I know of could get their fingers stuck in them.
    Imagine not being at a range, photography studio, office building, or behind a keyboard. You are out in adverse conditions carrying that rifle. You slip and fall and you are trying to keep hold of the rifle but it is sliding around in your hands.

Could a finger get caught in one of those cut outs? If so, you there is a chance you would break that finger.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    …… x You slip and fall and you are trying to keep hold of the rifle but it is sliding around in your hands.

Could a finger get caught in one of those cut outs? If so, you there is a chance you would break that finger.
    No.
    And No.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Grey Ghost Precision Handguards

What is the function of the large cut outs? Weight reduction?
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 04-13-22 at 05:54.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Imagine not being at a range, photography studio, office building, or behind a keyboard. You are out in adverse conditions carrying that rifle. You slip and fall and you are trying to keep hold of the rifle but it is sliding around in your hands.

You mean like when I carried a weapon in the military, or do you mean as a cop in the PNW where its wet with cold rain most of the time? You aren't talking to some jackass online that doesn't have real world experience, I've carried a weapon my entire adult life, and used them to do Gods work.

If you can't use something this simple, you would probably be the type of person who hangs themselves with their sling in the woods. I don't mean you as an individual, I mean "you" as a generic term.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast