Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FSB's in 2020?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

FSB's in 2020?

I used to thing FSB we’re out dated, now? I find them superior and only build/trust guns with them.

You want your gas blocks pinned, FSBs have two.

Folding/add on non folders (mostly aluminum) sights break, dent, and or damage, FSB really don’t. They are strong as all hell.

Folder maybe outa sight, but really the FSB disappears too, when using a red dot. Your brain doesn’t focus on it. It essentially becomes invisible until you make a Conscious decision that you want to see it.

It’s always ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have more guns with an FSB than I do without.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm definitely not among the most knowledgeable, but I prefer a fixed FSB whenever possible. It's by far the most durable front sight option and it looks cool which is the most important thing. If you're using a quality red dot, the likelihood of it going down when you need it is slim, but if it does, the optic can be used as a ghost ring rear sight and you can do work with it and the front sight in a pinch, but you have to spend time on the range learning holds for that. Even on guns with free float rails and low pro gas blocks, I'm gonna run a fixed front sight like the Scalarworks.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber329 View Post
    Slight thread hi-jack.

I'm converting two Colt 6920 rifles from DD 7.0 & 12.0 Omega rails to some type of M-LOK rails. Is there really a reason to have rail in front of the FSB? The additional real estate is nice, but I've never used it.

Thoughts?
    Light at the 12 o'clock position. I have a FSB cutout rail that accomplishes that and I have a Mossie Midnight Mount on another to accomplish the same 12 o'clock position.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber329 View Post
    Slight thread hi-jack.

I'm converting two Colt 6920 rifles from DD 7.0 & 12.0 Omega rails to some type of M-LOK rails. Is there really a reason to have rail in front of the FSB? The additional real estate is nice, but I've never used it.

Thoughts?
    https://www.centurionarms.com/c4-mlo...-p/081912p.htm
    Centurion makes an Mlok rail that is probably close to what you are looking for.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    What I wish is that manufacturers would use the round handguard retainer on basic midlength uppers. That way I could easily install the MOE SL handguard, which is friggin awesome for most purposes. I’m still trying to figure why they insist on the triangle retainer....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    To answer the OP, no. It appears many serious guns are now built with lo pro GBs and free float rails.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    PRI and Scalarworks makes them as well.
    Hank

Can you provide a link to the Scalarworks FSB cutout rail? I am in the hunt for a cutout and haven't found one I like minus the RIS from DD and finding one is hit or miss and pricey...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree the FSB will never go out of style or become irrelevant.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I always thought a MK18 FSP RIS II would be the perfect rail for 10.3-11.5 builds...
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast