Thread: Desert Tech MDR still having issues?

Feedback Score

Desert Tech MDR still having issues?

A friend of mine is looking at a Desert Tech MDR and wanted to know my opinion. I didn't know that they still made them and thought that they had issues but he was saying that a couple of Youtubes videos that were saying it was good to go now? I'm wondering if people have any first hand experience.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Bullpup forum has a thread dedicated to the MDR. From what I've seen on there & youtube, the .308 guns are the most problematic.
    InRangeTV also just posted a video on a 6.5 creedmoor barreled version of the .308 that had problems with Magpul 25 round mags, but supposedly ran OK with the 20 round version. Lancers have also known to be problematic in the guns due to the increased friction of the metal feedlips - this changes the bolt velocity enough to cause malfunctions relating to the scissor-style ejection mechanism. I don't remember if that problem persists with the front ejection panels removed.
    Last edited by notorious_ar15; 09-19-20 at 00:31. Reason: spelling
    "Adrenaline + tunnel vision + a little disbelief = that John Wayne moment" - Firefly