Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bren2---any reason to skip?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    When I was shooting mine yesterday, I rotated it between another pistol and rifle. Still, the front handguard got hot to the point that it was hard to hold. I can't imagine holding it in a military situation on full auto. Are people adding some sort of plastic handguards to these? Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not a front rail type of person. I've always just purchased guns that have plastic (or wood) front handguards.
    The stock MS handguard is shit. It's heavier than the original 1913 railed front end and the m-lok slots are so few and so poorly placed that they're essentially useless, even for mounting rail covers to act as heat shielding. If you're stuck with the stock MS pistol handguard, just use the 1913 rail on top and wrap the handguard with something heat resistant.

The HBI handguard is better, as it barely has enough m-lok slots to add enough rail covers to have heat protection for your hand. One problem is that anything, like a light or laser, mounted high on either side that projects forward of the handguard past the gas adjustment switch, can hinder access to the gas adjustment tab unless you can use a tool smaller than a 7.62x39 round. Another issue is that HBI chose to extend the top 1913 rail and cover up the takedown lever for the gas system, leaving only a small hole on top to push a tool through. Again, neither a 7.62x39 nor a 5.56x45 round are small enough to fit. In fact, the only thing I can think of small enough to fit that comes with the firearm would be the firing pin. That 'feature' takes the weapon a step backwards and reminds one uncomfortably of the lobotomized 'hunting' firearms that have plagued the market for 70 years and require tools or a gunsmith for takedown.

CZ's new handguards for the MS, that are included with the 16" barrel carbine and their 922r kits to allow Bren 2 pistols the use of the Bren 2 factory folding stock, look to be the best option. They are very similar to the HBI handguards, but don't extend quite as far forward and so don't block the gas system.
    Last edited by Aries144; 08-13-20 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My 7.62X39 gun will cycle sub sonic 190 grain brown bear. It wont lock back, but it will cycle the rounds.

I dont have a single gun that will run these without a can except the bren. Further proof the gas port is the size of a sink hole...
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Magsz, Have you tried the PPU 182gr 7.62x39 subsonic?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Original Bren 805. It's cool but will never replace my AR's. It's bulkier, heavier, and ergos are not as good. After reading reviews I was looking forward to it's trigger but have been disappointed. I call it a 4 stage trigger. Despite the fact that I have dry fired it thousands of times, cleaned it, and added grease it still has several "walls" before it finally lets off. I sure wish Geiselle made a trigger for it. All that said I still enjoy it and think it's a great rifle. Maybe the Bren 2 is better.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There was someone on here that helped me when I had issued with my Sig 556R (version 2) suppressed. I warrantied an extra gas port and he drilled it out for another setting, normal, closed, suppressed. If anyone remembers doing this kind of work, probably will work for the Bren 2 if extra gas ports can be acquired.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Magsz, Have you tried the PPU 182gr 7.62x39 subsonic?
    No sir. Just the Brown Bear stuff for now.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...rd-10-8-m-lok/ makes me look much harder at an 11" gun. The lack of a suppressor setting definitely gives me pause, though, as suppressed use will definitely be part of my plan. It's this (since the HK433 will never happen) or an AR with a LAW, and I'm honestly quite conflicted.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...rd-10-8-m-lok/ makes me look much harder at an 11" gun. The lack of a suppressor setting definitely gives me pause, though, as suppressed use will definitely be part of my plan. It's this (since the HK433 will never happen) or an AR with a LAW, and I'm honestly quite conflicted.
    For suppressed shooting RIGHT NOW, I would go with the AR. They're easily tuneable and the package is quite svelte once its all said and done.

Down the road, once CZ pulls their heads out of their asses and actually makes the gun workable for the American market, the 5.56 Brens may be excellent suppressor hosts.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I have the 7.8 but I might have to replace it with this.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That looks fantastic. I didn’t care for the bren2 until seeing this.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast