Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets take a peek at your bump in the night rig, here is mine. What you got?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Colt6945 10.3
    Sig DT 556
    Aimpoint M4
    64g Gold dots
    LMT Enhanced BCG
    Inforce Light
    G SSA trigger
    A5 buffer
    KAC Ambi saftey
    Magpul shit .....

PB
    It's been a minute since I have seen Troy mags, let alone loaded, and I think I actually still might have some
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    OMG! A non-FF and FSB upper... how can you even manage to shoot it?

Seriously, one of my favorite setups I have on other “non-night” guns including the KAC RAS.
    I normally have an 11.5 with FF carbine rail and a rear sight, but I've been lazy about cracking the safe and just leaning this ranch gun by the night stand.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think I posted a pic of this thing in a thread about carbine stocks not long ago.
    But this is kind of my “main” carbine. Honestly it’s kind of a junkyard dog....

It’s a BCM upper receiver group from back when they offered carbine uppers with pencil barrels, it was 16” originally but at one point years back I sent it to ADCO and got it cut down to 14.7“ with an A2 pinned and welded because....reasons? I dunno. Probably a waste of time and money.
    BCM gunfighter charging handle
    Chopped carry handle rear sight
    Aimpoint PRO in an ADM AD-68 “standard” height mount (a mistake, I should have gotten the taller one I think)
    Handguards are the BCM PKMR polymer keymod handguards. I’m not some kind of Keymod apologist but I do generally like the PKMRs as far as plastic handguards go.
    BCM VFG attached. I’m starting to get away from VFGs but for now I’m still using them on my guns that have lights mounted all the time.
    Light mounted in the 11 0’clock position is a Surefire G2X in a BCM mount.
    Lower is a Rock River I got at a gun show in like 2008 I think. This gun has waffled back and forth over the years between having a carbine receiver extension and a rifle extension with an A1 length fixed stock on it. Currently it has an Aero receiver extension with the ol’ CAR stock on it. Anytime I had a carbine RE on it I typically ran it with an “H” buffer but this time around I bumped it up to an H2, and I’ll probably keep it that way.
    FCG is the ALG ACT.
    Safety is a Seekins Ambi. I had to file down the right side selector a bit because it jabbed the shit out of my hand while shooting.
    Grip is a Hogue beaver tail grip, without finger grooves because I hate finger grooves.
    Sling is a Spec Ops patrol sling.
    Mags may be either Okay Industries GI mags or Gen 3 Pmags, I use them more or less interchangeably still despite Pmags probably being objectively superior to aluminum mags overall.
    The whole gun was rattle canned varying shades of brown a couple different times as components were removed or added, I left the BCM logo unpainted in the event I ever had a warranty issue it would be easily identifiable as one of their uppers....I’m assuming painting it doesn’t void the warranty...
    Ammo is......plain old M193.

It’s an okay gun. I find it dull and uninspired but apparently not enough to not make the same mistake twice as I also have an 11.5” SBR configured almost identically except for a couple minor details and not being rattle canned. The SBR generally stays in the safe though.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 07-31-20 at 13:09.

Feedback Score
    Hank, I have a whole bunch of the troy mags, is something wrong with them?

Feedback Score
    20200728_182959.jpg

Aero M4E1 Upper
    DD Chrome BCD
    Lancer A1 CF Stock
    POF Strike Eagle CH
    Sionics Lightweight 16 inch cl barrel
    Radian Talon Safety
    PWS Ambi lower
    Velocity 4lb Trigger
    Midwest Industries 15 inch CRLW
    V7 Titanium Ionbond Gas Block
    Bootleg Nitride Gas Tube
    Rainier Arms FH
    RRA Stand Alone Rear Sight
    Samson Front Sight
    Hexmag grip
    Aimpoint CompM5
    Proctor Sling
    6lbs all up without a mag

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Hank, I have a whole bunch of the troy mags, is something wrong with them?
    Nothing that I know of. Troy just kind of fell off the map after what.. 2014, I know that I bought one of 3 pack of tan mags from Sportman's Guide in right after Sandy Hook when you couldn't find anything. In the past 4-5 years I just moved to Gen 3's, Lancers, or Okay Surefeed's.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14.7 P/W, 1X PA prism, OWL, 77gr OTM.

Feedback Score
    HD Setup.jpg

My bump in the night gun is an 8" 300 BLK SBR with SiCo Specwar can. I keep a 30-round mag inserted, condition 3, filled with Barnes 110gr TAC-TX black tip. I have 2 spare mags on a battle belt I could grab if i had to, but i generally wouldn't throw on the belt unless things were really crazy.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    No pic.

Upper -16" BCM LW Midlength URG w/FSB and YHM FH, BCM Mod 5 CH

BCG - BCM Phosphate

Lower - NokakSpud A2, BCM LPK w/PNT, BCM carbine RE, H1 buffer

Troy folding rear, MRO on ADM QD mount

Furniture - Magpul handguards, CTR, BCM Mod 3 PG, BFG Vickers sling

IWC light mount and Surefire G2X Tactical

Boring black, zeroed at 50 yards or meters. Well balanced, light, smooth shooting - my first AR. It lives in a small safe in my bedroom closet with 6 mags of 62gr bonded SP ammo.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-31-20 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Built like a brick *$&^ house!! I like it.
    Thanks, it’s a solid gun for sure. Runs very smooth too. Gassed very well for a can.

I like monolithic uppers.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast