Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next generation Sig MCX

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Next generation Sig MCX

The Virtus was debuted in 2017 I believe which leaves us 3 years overdue for a replacement product given sig’s usual pace of replacing SKU’s. It appears that a next gen Sig MCX was teased on Instagram during a Sig suppressor shoot. No details were given but the rifle appears to have slimmer handguards that now have a threaded screw for retention on the shoulders like the SPEAR. The gas value also appears to be slightly different. There are also a few updates to to the upper with a few more venting holes cut on it and it appears that some angles are cut differently forward of the ejection port. The lower appears unchanged.

Here is the video:
    “Gen 3” MCX

I personally like the improvements including the lack of the large holes on the handguard to adjust the gas piston. Gonna need to get in line when they become open for orders. Please make them available in Black.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The Virtus was debuted in 2017 I believe which leaves us 3 years overdue for a replacement product given sig’s usual pace of replacing SKU’s. It appears that a next gen Sig MCX was teased on Instagram during a Sig suppressor shoot. No details were given but the rifle appears to have slimmer handguards that now have a threaded screw for retention on the shoulders like the SPEAR. The gas value also appears to be slightly different. There are also a few updates to to the upper with a few more venting holes cut on it and it appears that some angles are cut differently forward of the ejection port. The lower appears unchanged.

Here is the video:
    “Gen 3” MCX

I personally like the improvements including the lack of the large holes on the handguard to adjust the gas piston. Gonna need to get in line when they become open for orders. Please make them available in Black.
    I like it. Definitely will be ordering an upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I feel like the one feature that is missing on the MCX is lack of an ambidextrous bolt catch/bolt release. I hope sig decides to incorporate it eventually
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Agreed. I like the ambi bolt catch on the SPEAR NGSW-R. If it were to make it to the MCX I wouldn’t complain.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Agreed. I like the ambi bolt catch on the SPEAR NGSW-R. If it were to make it to the MCX I wouldn’t complain.
    I wouldn't mind the side charger on the SPEAR too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hopefully it won’t share any compatibility with previous mcx models and Exeter will stop supporting the legacy models.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Hopefully it won’t share any compatibility with previous mcx models and Exeter will stop supporting the legacy models.
    LoL. You ever read Monster Hunters International?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    LoL. You ever read Monster Hunters International?

No. Do I need to?
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Oh you know that's how it'll go down...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No. Do I need to?
    It's written by and for gun guys. It's a great fun read.

Reason I ask is there's an internet troll... That's actually a real troll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast