Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next generation Sig MCX

Feedback Score
    Looks like they're still trying to make the handguards maintain zero with aiming devices. Hope this attempt works.

I want them to take the empty weight down to at least 6.5lbs for a pencil barrel 16" 5.56 rifle and figure out how to make barrels that consistently, from example to example, shoot <4 MOA with quality ball ammunition, <2 MOA with precision ammunition, and shift POI no more than 1 MOA when they heat up.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What is the objective of having those screw looking things in the handguard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    What is the objective of having those screw looking things in the handguard?

Could be attempting to make the handguards more rigid for IR lasers. Could be that some customers wanted the handguards harder to remove to avoid tampering by the lowest common denominator.

As far as parts availability. The MCX is not going anywhere. Sig still supports legacy customers and the legacy is upgradable with virtus parts. Not to mention that Sig has made all parts available other than the lowers. The MCX is easier to get spares for than almost every rifle other than an AR15.

Sig can be criticized for abandoning platforms and customers but the MCX does not seem to be one of those instances.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Could be attempting to make the handguards more rigid for IR lasers. Could be that some customers wanted the handguards harder to remove to avoid tampering by the lowest common denominator.

As far as parts availability. The MCX is not going anywhere. Sig still supports legacy customers and the legacy is upgradable with virtus parts. Not to mention that Sig has made all parts available other than the lowers. The MCX is easier to get spares for than almost every rifle other than an AR15.

Sig can be criticized for abandoning platforms and customers but the MCX does not seem to be one of those instances.
    I totally agree with you. They've actually been very good about this platform.

Hell, the P320 can even use some parts from the P250. Sig has this reputation that I really don't think is deserved any more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Prepper View Post
    plus 11
    Youve about got that post count up enough to sell whatever it is youre gonna sell, havent you?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I hope you are right Ski, but Sig earned that reputation.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12