Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 Subsonic ammo

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

7.62 Subsonic ammo

Can someone that knows give me the limited amount of knowledge needed to make a somewhat educated purchase of subsonic 7.62. I still have a custom Remington 700 and recently was able to take possession of a Nomad 30 with KeyMo. I bought flash suppressors for my 5.56 SBR and .30 caliber thinking I may buy/build an upper in 300 BO. Well, with nothing available upper or ammo wise without giving up your oldest child I decided to have my barrel threaded for the flash hider and use the bolt gun for some subsonic shooting. Years ago I shot quite a bit of suppressed, subsonic 7.62 and recall it really being the only really quiet way to shoot a centerfire.

My question is, is there any advantage to the various different weights available (as of this it is still in stock). I've found 180, 260, 200. I still have a few boxes of the old Cor Bon 185 stuff. I remember back in the day that 300 yards was about it for acurate shooting. So, does it matter much?
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    7.62x39 or 7.62x51 or 7.62x54R?

Feedback Score
    I would go as heavy as possible for best bc. Just make sure it stabilizes before putting it through a silencer.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    7.62x39 or 7.62x51 or 7.62x54R?
    I'm sorry 7.62X51. .308. So is the heavier bullets better, does it give you anymore range.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    check discreet ballistics, they do the best subs in every caliber they support.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    I'm sorry 7.62X51. .308. So is the heavier bullets better, does it give you anymore range.
    The heavier bullet may or may not give you more range. When you constrict the velocity, the only way to increase energy is a heavier bullet. Energy = mass x velocity squared. So the 180’s up are your best bet. Then the longer bullets provided you have adequate twist to stabilize it will likely have a better BC which may give you a little more distance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I would go as heavy as possible for best bc. Just make sure it stabilizes before putting it through a silencer.
    This. Not sure why this is in the NFA forum, but yeah... definitely good to confirm stability.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Heavy with a high ballistic coefficient would be best.

Feedback Score
    Here's some good stuff, but be prepared to sell your youngest child too.
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/imi-a...imi-bolt-actio

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Here's some good stuff, but be prepared to sell your youngest child too.
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/imi-a...imi-bolt-actio
    I'm glad I'm broke.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast