Overview of my modified factory Tikka T3x.

* Tikka T3x Lite 6.5 CM LH. Factory trigger set @ 2lbs.
* Proof 6.5 CM 22" Sendero profile (2.75 lbs).
* WTO Switchlug for quick barrel changes with a hex wrench. WTO did the installation, highly recommended.
* APA brake
* XLR Element 3.0 chassis (3 lbs with folding buttstock assembly)
* Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 F1 - Mil, with Hawkins rings.

Thoughts on the rifle and mods:
* I'm not a hardcore competitor, and chose to avoid the fast-changing and expensive custom actions scene. Decided to build my bolt gun collection around a proven factory action that's inherently accurate and reliable, and a stable design that should be around for a while.
* The WTO Switchlug system added something useful: the ability to easily change barrels, in the field without bulky specialized tools, and without having to send the rifle to a gunsmith. With a Switchlug (they can fit them to most modern actions), you send the dimensional specs for your action to a gunsmith, and they can spin a new barrel that will headspace correctly and you can install using only a 30 inch-pound torque wrench. Don't yet have a 2nd barrel for this rifle, but planning to add a 6 CM barrel this year.
* Was aiming for a lighter rifle overall. Past range rifles were typically in the range of 14 to 16 pounds. This rifle as shown: scoped, Harris bipod install, and an empty mag: 11.2 lbs. A noticeable improvement, and with the brake, can still get back on target quickly.

Couple of groups. Yesterday all I had on hand was Win 125 FMJ and was sighting in the NF, so for now I'll show instead a couple of WTO's test targets with factory loads. Their test targets confirmed that the rifle likes the medium 6.5 bullet weights vs heavier ones, at least with the ones tried so far. Ordered some of the Barnes 127gr and Federal Premium 135 that they got results with, should get a chance to try those in a couple weeks.