Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta PX4 Owners Opinion

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Its a tank in durability and very fast on follow up shots. I had a kaboom in one of mine from a gunshow reload, and it was unharmed.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I have a PX4CC, bought before I knew I could get one from LTT with a trigger job. Still, I love the gun.

The barrel is short for the overall size, but long enough to get the work done. It shoots soft and the ones Langdon talks about seem to go on forever in terms of durability and reliability.

The only thing I'd do over is buy it from LTT for the trigger work. I'd send mine to him, but hate the shipping costs on guns, and stock really isn't bad. Wish LTT would open a walk-in shop as they are in my neck of the woods so that I could just drop it off. No luck, there, though.

In fact, it's my primary carry right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    There is a very simple solution for the slick grip, Talon Grip. Many people use those, including myself on my gun. It totally eliminated the slick feeling. I like it so much that I put them on my M&P.
    I did the same with mine and my experience mirrored yours 100% I moved on in favor of going back to the USP compact for my DA/SA edc. The are really nice guns and shoot super soft but I found that I consistently shoot low, right (lefty here) and decided it wasn't worth the time really dial in on the trigger when my other stuff was a cake walk.

Oh and for my fellow OCD owners, the loose slide to frame fit and constant rattle of both my PX4CCs drove me insane...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    My main beef with the gun is it's too bulky.
    I dunno.

I measured my PX4c/RDS at
    1.1" wide at the frame and slide.
    1.2" wide Holosun 407c.
    1.2" wide at the old "Fugly/stealth" decocker levers levers.
    1.3" wide at the low profile slide catch lever.

The later two metrics being small and inboard, they likely don't significantly affect concealment.

According to Glock, the G19g5 is 1.0" wide at the slide and 1.3 at the magwell flare. I don't have a G19, but call it 1.2 at the frame. Despite feeling bulky, it's pretty damn similar.

The rubber texture talon grip stickers does improve the texture situation a bit. If I was keeping it long term, I'd look at shipping it off to Boresight Solutions for a stipple job.
    Last edited by Jolly Green1; 08-09-20 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I agree the main two cons are:
    1) lack of grip texturing / slick polymer grip
    2) width of the gun

I also agree that talon grips or stippling negate #1.

However, #2 is a fatal flaw for me in terms of AIWB carry. The gun is too chunky in the worst possible location--precisely where the frame meets the beltline within the AIWB holster. A 9mm Glock is about 1.17" in this area, whereas the PX4 is more like 1.25". To be sure, the Glock is a bit thicker than 1.17" in some places further down the grip, but only in areas that are outside the kydex holster. In contrast, the thickest parts of the PX4 are covered by kydex, which amplify the thickness. For me, there is a night and day difference between AIWB carrying a Glock versus the PX4. I forget I am carrying the Glock, whereas the PX4 is very uncomfortable. It's disappointing, because I would much rather carry the PX4. I love the gun, especially the LTT version. I ended up ditching the compact, but have kept the full size and enjoy shooting it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sample of 1.... I took a two day pistol class in March, and the guy next to me had a px4 that he recently acquired. He said he decided to start carrying appendix and wanted a da/sa for that purpose. Iirc his was a compact or subcompact doublestack. It was a total jamomatic. He was messing with that gun the whole two days. The class host, who is also an instructor and a gun smith, was messing with it, too, including taking it back to his shop and polishing the feed ramp or something. And it still wouldn't run right.
    Some may just be picky about ammo. I just sold a full size that I'd never had issues with. New owner contacted me back saying he was having multiple FTE's with 115g. I suggested he try 124g or 147g based on the fact that I had perfect reliability with all the 147g through that gun. (I never shot 115g through that gun). Last I heard, 147g worked fine for him too.

If I'm not careful, my thumb drags on the side of the PX4c slide. It slows the slide speed noticeably, but hasn't caused feeding issues. For some reason the thumb drag doesn't seem to significantly affect slide speed on the full size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12