Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To Hell with F1 racing

Feedback Score

To Hell with F1 racing

Drivers were wearing BLM t shirts and half the drivers took a knee prior to the British Gran Prix.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only sports worth a damn anymore are the ones you are personally participating in at the moment.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

To Hell with F1 racing

Does it surprise you? In a predominately white sport, by not signaling their virtuousness they’d surely be branded as racist. Not to mention this is the in vogue thing to do right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 08-02-20 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    Next thing you know, chess will be racist.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I refuse to play this stupid game.

Feedback Score
    USPSA, PRS, and Three Gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Next thing you know, chess will be racist.
    Well fortunately it was invented in India, so it doesn't have white origins at least. But then there's the whole medieval theme we've adopted with the game pieces: knights and kings and all that. Not good, smacks of white power and patriarchy and DWEMs. Chess has gotta go...

I liked basketball--playing and watching--from grade school through college, and beyond. But I've gotten so sick of the NBA's latest outrage even before BLM posing, I've sworn off them, as well as at them. And NFL, and NASCAR.

It isn't that I'm being all like, pure and stuff, "I won't watch any organization that does X." As if, I'd secretly still enjoy watching them, once we get through the national anthem (which one?) and forget about all the idiot slogans on the jerseys. No, it's worse than that: I'm disgusted by them to the extent that I can't enjoy the sport anymore. They've killed the joy. Which is I think OP's point.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The taking a knee crap as well as the rainbows everywhere. Even the safety car. ��

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It was one hell of a race...the last few laps were fantastic. Cannot believe 2nd place pitted like they did.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Does it surprise you? In a predominately white sport, by not signaling their virtuousness they’d surely be branded as racist. Not to mention this is the in vogue thing to do right now.
    Exactly.
    Watching the mad scramble for everyone to try and "get on the right side of history" just to stay ahead of the outrage of mob is sad and pathetic.

Frankly, I think as more and more people walk away from the toxic nonsense all the big-name sporting events are coming to increasingly represent, the more they will realize they never really needed them anyway.
    Kind of like a drunk realizing they don't need booze to have a 'good time'.
    Oh, sure it won't make a dent in the corporations that own the sports; they are literally to big to fail from a few pinpricks. But you'll feel better mentally as you find more useful and/or directly personally interactive things to do for fun...
    Last edited by Jellybean; 08-02-20 at 10:53.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast