Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobro Mounts

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You could look at Scalerworks. The guys here turned me on to them, and I ended up getting another Aimpoint because I liked the mount so much I wanted two. (plus it takes the lever issue off the table) If there's a way for me to snag stuff, I'll damned sure do it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You could look at Scalerworks. The guys here turned me on to them, and I ended up getting another Aimpoint because I liked the mount so much I wanted two. (plus it takes the lever issue off the table) If there's a way for me to snag stuff, I'll damned sure do it.
    I appreciate the Scalerworks recommendation. Looks like good stuff and they're in-stock.

The Bobro mounts were supposed to be in on Monday or Tuesday of this week, but as of yesterday afternoon, nothing.

Might have to give the Scalerworks a try, thanks.
    Here comes the thunder.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    BOBRO mounts are solid QD mounts with one of the best if not the best "Return to Zero". The mount is usually sold with the locking lever on the left side. As a "Lefty" shooter, the lever is on the outside of the gun. If you're a right side shooter, you can switch the lever over to the right side and minimize snagging if any. You can't switch the lever over if you are only using the mount with no risers in place. Email BOBRO on how to switch the lever over or send it to them for the switch over. I can PM you an in stock source if you desire.

Oh, And let's not get into the "How heavy this mount is, and it throws off the balance of my bad ass weapon". Or the "Ounces equals pounds and pounds equal pain" nonsense. Yes, it's 3.9 oz. and so it's a couple of ounces heavier than some. Who cares?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    BOBRO mounts are solid QD mounts with one of the best if not the best "Return to Zero". The mount is usually sold with the locking lever on the left side. As a "Lefty" shooter, the lever is on the outside of the gun. If you're a right side shooter, you can switch the lever over to the right side and minimize snagging if any. You can't switch the lever over if you are only using the mount with no risers in place. Email BOBRO on how to switch the lever over or send it to them for the switch over. I can PM you an in stock source if you desire.

Oh, And let's not get into the "How heavy this mount is, and it throws off the balance of my bad ass weapon". Or the "Ounces equals pounds and pounds equal pain" nonsense. Yes, it's 3.9 oz. and so it's a couple of ounces heavier than some. Who cares?
    I agree. I am not an engineer but I consider certain things with more mass to be be a bit more durable. The Bobro mount feels like an absolute tank. I love mine.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My T2 is in a Scalarworks Mount. Great mount, and returns to zero each time, but I’d hardly call it QD. Toolless yes. Quick not so much. I have a cheap LPVO in a Bobro and it’s a true QD. Locking lever is on the left side. If you want svelte there are better options but the bobro is a great QD if the width doesn’t bother you

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I’ve had a Bobro T2 mount in the past, I liked it, but Scalarworks is superior in design, weight and clamping method. Unity FAST mounts are also nice.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Bobro mounts are great mounts.

That said, the last few optics combos I have switched over to Scalarworks based on design and weight. They are awesome.

But Bobro is a solid choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm always looking for the best. What is better about the Scalarworks mount, it mounts with screws-on with a knob. The Bobro has a lever that requires no adjustment, unlike the Larue. I looked up and watched a video but couldn't see any upside. Honest question, not trying to bust balls.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    They are my favorite QD mount, however I have come away from QD in recent years as I just don't see the need for it. With that said I'd look at Geissele or Scalarworks.
    It’s all purpose driven. Over the years I’ve not been a huge fan of QD mounts but I have found myself in the market for some.

Have had several incidents recently where I deployed my duty rifle (at night). It had been sitting in my Tahoe for several hours with the a/c blasting. It hit that hot, humid, Texas air and my T2 instantly fogged up. Making my optic and iron sights useless. Got me thinking of the convenience of a QD mount. Could just pop that optic off and switch to irons.

I’ve got my T2 mounted on a Geissele mount and the back end of my Spiderco will double as a flathead screwdriver you remove it in a pinch but a QD mount is quick and easier. **I now throw a small rag or towel over my optic in the summer months. Helps with the fogging.**

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    It’s all purpose driven. Over the years I’ve not been a huge fan of QD mounts but I have found myself in the market for some.

Have had several incidents recently where I deployed my duty rifle (at night). It had been sitting in my Tahoe for several hours with the a/c blasting. It hit that hot, humid, Texas air and my T2 instantly fogged up. Making my optic and iron sights useless. Got me thinking of the convenience of a QD mount. Could just pop that optic off and switch to irons.

I’ve got my T2 mounted on a Geissele mount and the back end of my Spiderco will double as a flathead screwdriver you remove it in a pinch but a QD mount is quick and easier. **I now throw a small rag or towel over my optic in the summer months. Helps with the fogging.**
    That is a valid concern, but personally rather than go QD on my optic mount I think nowadays I would rather run offset flip-up irons. Just pop them up until your optic clears up. And you don't have to keep up with the optic you removed. Ultimately it's two different roads to the same destination though, so go with whichever you prefer.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12