Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What if Biden skips debates?

Feedback Score
    Seriously, though, we all know there will be a well crafted reason, somewhat along the lines suggested. How about "Not wasting time with a prevaricator when the nation is in crisis." Of course, there will be another wave of "ending all life" pandemic, perhaps even a new virus, more financial problems. The real risk is the backbone of the US, small to medium business will be turned against the President and Republicans in general as a result of more forced shutdowns. Some say 50% of the closed business won't return; I see no reason to doubt that figure, and another shutdown will make things even worse. So, people whose livelihoods have been destroyed , naturally will blame the person who was in charge at the time. The failure of the Republicans is not to address the twisting of the issues. Easily constructed because lies are hard to keep solid, as they have no real backing in fact. The hard part will be to get the word out, as the media control the dissemination. It will all be a difficult time, and we all have to make decisions. BTW, where the hell ARE the Republican members of Congress? Why are they just rolling mover?
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by REDinFL View Post
    Seriously, though, we all know there will be a well crafted reason, somewhat along the lines suggested. How about "Not wasting time with a prevaricator when the nation is in crisis." Of course, there will be another wave of "ending all life" pandemic, perhaps even a new virus, more financial problems. The real risk is the backbone of the US, small to medium business will be turned against the President and Republicans in general as a result of more forced shutdowns. Some say 50% of the closed business won't return; I see no reason to doubt that figure, and another shutdown will make things even worse. So, people whose livelihoods have been destroyed , naturally will blame the person who was in charge at the time. The failure of the Republicans is not to address the twisting of the issues. Easily constructed because lies are hard to keep solid, as they have no real backing in fact. The hard part will be to get the word out, as the media control the dissemination. It will all be a difficult time, and we all have to make decisions. BTW, where the hell ARE the Republican members of Congress? Why are they just rolling mover?
    The sooner people start waking up that political parties are destroying this nation, the better off we are.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Biden has skipped campaigning... might as well skip debates. Like Hillary, Biden's public appearances aren't helpful.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-03-20 at 09:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    The only reason Biden skips the debates is THAT his handlers know he can't hold up. Which is seeming far more apparent as the days go on.

Buden already refused the hour long interview from Fox. Of course, liberals say it's because it's Fox. I'm pretty sure his handlers know he wouldn't hold up for an hour of direct questioning.
    A senile pedophile with mashed potatoes for brains and a failed memory, who can barely enunciate let alone speak lucidly is not someone one puts to debate a pitbull like Donald Trump. I'd wager that Biden can barely feed himself and is spoon fed soft foods so he doesn't choke. Seeing what a frail and pathetic shell he is, I can't fathom how any sane, reasonably intelligent individual could vote for that drooling mess. One has to vehemently despise the US or be brain dead to vote for him.
    Last edited by Evel Baldgui; 08-03-20 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    A senile pedophile with mashed potatoes for brains and a failed memory, who can barely enunciate let alone speak lucidly is not someone one puts to debate a pitbull like Donald Trump. I'd wager that Biden can barely feed himself and is spoon fed soft foods so he doesn't choke. Seeing what a frail and pathetic shell he is, I can't fathom how any sane, reasonably intelligent individual could vote for that drooling mess. One has to vehemently despise the US or be brain dead to vote for him.
    Just wait and see how the campaign, especially the TV part is constructed and run. It reminds me of a person, well known in the advertising business in NYC in the 1960s and 1970s, Jerry DellaFemina, who said "The American people would buy dog poop as long as it's properly packaged and promoted." I've seen that proven true too many times to count.
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    You can already hear the narrative that there is no point in debating Trump because he will just lie. There is no way they will Biden get on a debate stage with Trump.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    At this point, I dont think ANYTHING will change either sides vote..I think VERY few are still "on the fence" at this point.
    And if they are theyre retarded.
    This.
    Sides are chosen, debates or no.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    This.
    Sides are chosen, debates or no.
    The difference being, people can (and will) decide to sit out if the candidate they "support" doesn't do what they want. Several figures have stated they won't support Biden without a minority Veep candidate.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    At this point, I dont think ANYTHING will change either sides vote..I think VERY few are still "on the fence" at this point.
    And if they are theyre retarded.
    There's enough on the fence to warrant a push for skipping the debates. If sides are truly chosen and the outcome has already been determined, why not have a debate? Unless it has the potential to drive voters to your opponent, it's simply going through the motions.

The undecideds (or even those lukewarm to Biden) have to be a large enough number to actually float the idea of skipping a tradition of debating your opponent. The optics of creepy Joe sun-downing mid debate with Trump will either drive votes to Trump or have people tossing their hands up, saying "eff this" and skipping the vote altogether.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    "At this point what difference does it make?"
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast