Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What if Biden skips debates?

Feedback Score
    Just remember, "It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes." Attributed to Stalin, but could be from various board of election supervisors in Florida. (especially Miami-Dade and Broward)
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I truly believe the less risky option for Biden is to skip the debates. It's the least bad decision for him. He'll take a hit, but absent the debates, I don't know that he could otherwise damage himself enough between now and the election to lose. He's his own worst enemy, just as people say about Trump. You can say that Clinton was in the same position and Trump won, but Biden ain't Hillary and he doesn't engender the loathing among a broad swath of people that she did. I don't doubt that millions of votes didn't go to Hillary solely because of who she is as a person.

If he skips the debates, I think he's the presumptive favorite. He might be too arrogant or self assured to skip, though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What if Biden skips debates?

So... if he does opt out, does Trump still get up and answer the questions? I’ve never really seen someone opt out of a debate, so don’t know what the protocol is.

Isn’t the debates for us to find out what the person stands for? If Biden doesn’t want to, Trump would love to talk in front of millions. Just has to stick with the talking points.
    Last edited by Screwball; 08-06-20 at 10:25.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    So... if he does opt out, does Trump still get up and answer the questions? I’ve never really seen someone opt out of a debate, so don’t know what the protocol is.

Isn’t the debates for us to find out what the person stands for? If Biden doesn’t want to, Trump would love to talk in front of millions. Just has to stick with the talking points.
    There's never really been a convenient excuse to be exploited like Covid, either. I doubt it would be too hard to torture some bullshit explanation out of it as a reason for skipping one or more of the debates.

Feedback Score
    When Biden debated Ryan he was viewed as the winner. Biden's debate style was to interrupt and aggressively talk over Ryan. Ryan just sat their and took it. Biden similarly responds to questions that he doesn't like from the media and voters today. Not sure that will work with Trump. Trump is a brawler.

Trump supporters should be cautious about predicting a Biden mental meltdown on the debate stage. Sets the bar pretty low for Biden... so if Biden manages to survive without being carried off stage by men in whites suits he'll probably be declared the winner.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Plenty of debate material being had these days...

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...81986469150721
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    It's called Projection, we tend to project our own vices and misdeeds onto others too. Also, "Whatever you plan to do, accuse the other guy of FIRST" was a Lefty dirty trick long before that backbirth abortion we know as Karl Marx (my condolences to Groucho, Harpo, Chico, Zeppo and the others for having to share a name with him) blighted the world with his presence in it.
    I wish I could find an old dirty trick line that seems to have escaped the internet age. It could've been a wive's tale but IIRC, it was either attributed to LBJ or Huey Long? It went something like "I don't have to prove my opponent has sex with (insert repugnant sex crime here), I just need him on record denying it!

Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    When Biden debated Ryan he was viewed as the winner. Biden's debate style was to interrupt and aggressively talk over Ryan. Ryan just sat their and took it. Biden similarly responds to questions that he doesn't like from the media and voters today. Not sure that will work with Trump. Trump is a brawler.

Trump supporters should be cautious about predicting a Biden mental meltdown on the debate stage. Sets the bar pretty low for Biden... so if Biden manages to survive without being carried off stage by men in whites suits he'll probably be declared the winner.
    PED's my man, lots and lots of PED's. If he walks on stage he'll be pumped full of them!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Biden will absolutely engage in debates, I'm betting more than one.

Why? Because of his own pride...he clearly pictures himself as some sort of tough guy. Think about the number of times over the years he's told these ridiculous (clearly false) stories about how he faced down some bully or gang member, or how he's talked about punching people, or challenging guys who challenge him to have a push-up contest, etc. Clearly he takes some pride in his manhood, whether justified or not.

That's why he'll accept the challenge for at least one debate. There's no way he'll let Trump say that Biden was afraid of him.

However....what they WILL do is what the left always does. Give the appearance of saying or doing the 'right thing' in the eyes of the public (join the debate), but actually under the hood, manipulate the reality. So what they'll do is mess with the TIMING of the debate, so that the first one occurs after early voting has opened in late August. This would provide a potential big advantage for Biden, because low-information voters who could potentially swing to Trump, will not have seen the first debate by the time they vote. And because they may not follow politics regularly, at the point they vote, they won't yet be fully aware of what a doddering incompetent old fool this man is.

Feedback Score
    MSM already running stories, "preparing for racist attacks once Biden picks VP." Really? The MSM and the left just never stop with the attack on the news cycle and the doom and gloom. For pete's sake, his pick will probably be half a lunatic leftist/communist and if you say "boo," you're a racist. Glad to see they're preparing for that...
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567